If you are a candidate seeking WAEC Marketing Questions and Answers for 2023, you have arrived at the right place as we will break them down for you. We will go further to show you how WAEC Marketing questions are set and the best way to answer for full marks.
The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) is organized by WAEC in West African countries. The exam boasts millions of candidates each year due to its importance and over 15 subjects are sat for in the exams including Marketing. That being said, let’s go through the questions and answers for the subject at hand.
WAEC Marketing Questions and Answers 2022/2023
Section A (Objectives)
1. The performance of business activities that direct the flow of goods and services from producer to consumer is
2. Goods produced for immediate consumption by a household is classified as
A. durable goods.
B. market goods.
C. industrial goods.
D. consumer goods.
3. One of the following is not a component of the marketing mix.
4. One of the following is not influenced by consumer behavior.
A. Life style
5. The performance of business activities that direct the flow of goods and services from producer to consumer is
6. In Nigeria, the body that ensures that its members operate according to their professional ethics is the
7. The current highest decision-making body on the privatization and commercialization of public enterprises in Nigeria is the
A) Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission
B) Securities and Exchange Commission
C) National Council on Privatization
D) Bureau of Public Enterprises
8. The principle of indemnity is NOT applicable to
A) Marine insurance
B) Accident insurance
C) Fire insurance
D) Life assurance
9. The advertising medium which combines sight and sound is the
A) Print media
10.The selling of goods in small units is normally performed by
11. A storage facility that uses an advanced material handling system under the control of a central computer is
A. a public warehouse,
B. an automated warehouse.
C. a distribution warehouse.
D, a storage warehouse,
12. The way in which a product is delivered to meet the customers’ need is
A. new product concepts,
B. selling concepts.
C. advertising activities.
D, distribution activities.
13. The process of encouraging consumers to buy products at retail outlets is
14. Another term for marketing is
A. direct marketing.
B. internet marketing,
C. electronic banking.
D. electronic purchasing,
15. A document that accompanies goods in transit is a
C, bill of sight.
D. credit note,
16. Marketing concept means
A. buying and selling to customers,
B. selling and distribution to customers.
C. satisfying customers’ needs and wants.
D. advertising and promotion to customers
17. Meeting customer expectation regarding the quality of a product is
A. customer satisfaction.
B. customer excellent.
C. customer loyalty,
D. customer value.
18. Which of the following channels of distribution will be used by a company that wants to have control over its price?
A. Manufacturer — Consumer
B. Manufacturer — Agent — Consumer
C. Manufacturer — Wholesaler — Retailer—Consumer
D. Manufacturer —Agent —Retailer -—* Consumer
19. Which of the following is not an element of the marketing mix?
20. Competitive price in marketing is arrived at by
A. considering competitive demand for the product.
B. adding a mark-up to the cost price.
C. setting price in relation to competitors’ price.
D. adding a margin to the best price.
21. Marketing is defined as
A. buying and selling to customers.
B. selling and distribution to customers.
C. meeting customers need profitably.
D. Advertising and promotion to customers
22. A product by an organization for use in Carrying out a business is
A. an industrial product.
B. a specialty product.
C. a consumer product.
D. a convenience product.
23. Which of the following cannot be used to identify a product?
B. Trade name
C. Pricing policy
- WAEC Animal Husbandry Questions and Answers
- WAEC Fisheries Questions and Answers
- WAEC Auto Mechanical Questions and Answers
- WAEC Furniture Making Questions and Answers
Section B (Essay)
1(a) State five importance of middlemen in marketing.
(b)Explain five factors that can determine the type of channels of distribution to be used by a company.
2(a) What is a warehouse?
(b) Describe any three types of warehousing.
(c) State six functions of a warehouse
3(a) Explain the following:
(i) consular invoice
(b) Explain seven factors that will influence the place Tochukwu will locate his grocery business.
4(a) Explain five stages in marketing planning
(b) State five uses of feedback in marketing research.
5(a) What is merchandising?
(b) Mention four merchandising activities.
(c) State seven functions of merchandising.
DISCLAIMER! These are not real WAEC GCE Marketing questions but likely repeated questions over the years to help candidates understand the nature of their examinations. Ensure to take note of every question provided on this page.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.