Many candidates are seeking WAEC Fisheries Questions and Answers for 2023 and if you are one of them, you have arrived at the right place as we will outline them for you. We will go further to show you how WAEC Fisheries questions are set and the best way to answer them to get your full marks.
The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) is organized by WAEC in West African countries. The exam boasts millions of candidates each year due to its importance and over 15 subjects are sat for in the exams including Fisheries. That being said, let’s go through the questions and answers for the subject at hand.
WAEC Fisheries Questions and Answers
Section A (Objective)
1. A fish that has no scales but has barbells is
2. Integrated fish farming involves the culture of fish with
A. I and II only.
B. I and III only.
C. II and III only.
D. I, II and III.
3. An example of fish which can be cultured in ponds is
4. The optimum water quality range for Dissolved Oxygen in a fish pond is
A. 3.0 – 5.0 mg/l.
B. 5.0 – 8.0 mg/l.
C. 8.0 – 11.0 mg/l.
D. 11.0 – 14.0 mg/l.
5. The following are fishing gear except
A. scoop net.
B. hook and line.
C. dug-out canoe.
D. fishing spear.
Section B (Essay)
1. (ii) Explain the two sub-divisions of fisheries.
(b) List five materials used in constructing a set net and state one use of each. (c) Differentiate between intensive and extensive management systems of aquaculture. (1) (a) (i) What is capture fisheries?
(ii) Describe three methods used in capturing fish.
(b) (i) State five ways in which fisheries are important to the economy of your country.
(ii) State four common fishery organisms in your country.
(2) (a)(i) State five qualities of culturable fish species.
(ii) List four culturable fish species.
(b)(i) Explain the term fish culture facility.
(ii) List six facilities for culturing fish.
(c) Mention three fish preservation methods.
- WAEC Accounting Questions and Answers
- WAEC Home Management Questions and Answers
- WAEC Arabic Questions and Answers
- WAEC French Questions and Answers
- WAEC Physical Education Questions and Answers
- WAEC Clothing Textile Questions and Answers
Paper 3 (Practical)
A – Fishmeal B – Tilapia C – Wheelbarrow
1. (a) Identify specimens A, B, and C.
(b) State three uses of specimen A
(c) Describe the process of making specimen A
(d) Name four other by-products of fish apart from A
2. (a) State nine benefits of raising specimen B.
(b) Describe three management systems used in raising specimen B
DISCLAIMER! These are not real WAEC GCE Fisheries questions but likely repeated questions over the years to help candidates understand the nature of their examinations. Ensure to take note of every question provided on this page.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.