University of Groningen Scholarship: Ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Submit a Holland Scholarship application! The Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science as well as Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences fund the Holland Scholarship. For additional details, continue reading.
The University of Groningen is a research institution with a focus on the world and a strong local presence in Groningen, the City of Talent.
Since its founding, the University has put quality first, and it has succeeded: the university is currently ranked among the top 100 institutions worldwide on many important rating lists.
About the University of Groningen Scholarship
International students from countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to pursue a master’s degree in Holland may apply for a Holland Scholarship at the University of Groningen.
The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway. Please note that students from Switzerland and Suriname are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship Amount: A scholarship of €5,000 to contribute to your living costs in The Netherlands. You will receive this in the first year of your studies.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Holland Scholarship at Groningen University:
1. You don’t hold citizenship from an EEA nation;
2. You’ll be attending school in the Netherlands;
3. You lack a diploma from an institution of higher learning in the Netherlands;
4. You earned top grades in your undergraduate or bachelor’s degree program;
5. You are qualified to enroll in the University of Groningen;
6. You have a letter with an admissions offer from the University of Groningen.
7. Software from the list mentioned above.
8. Write a motivation letter outlining why you should be awarded the Holland Scholarship at the University of Groningen.
- Holland Scholarships for International Students
- CRUK PhD Scholarship Programme for Researchers
- ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship Programme Details
- MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship for International Students
After carefully examining each applicant’s academic merit (i.e., results from their study program, academic research activities, overall appraisal of their prior education, etc.) and their motivational remarks for the Holland Scholarship, a ranking of candidates will be determined.
How to Apply
After receiving an admissions offer from the University of Groningen for one of the programs on this list, you may submit an application for the scholarship.
The first call’s deadline is on February 1st, 2023. (23:59 CEST). Additionally, the second call’s deadline is on June 1st, 2023. (23:59 CEST).
Please note: incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Carefully read how to apply and make sure to attach all required documents to your application. You can only apply for one call (first or second call).
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.