UNIMELB Scholarships: International students can apply for the fully funded University of Melbourne Scholarship 2024. These scholarships are available for graduate and postdoctoral work. The complete cost of tuition, a travel allowance, a living allowance of $31,200 per year, and academic costs are all covered by these scholarships.
University of Melbourne(UNIMELB)Scholarships
They all share a love for expanding the boundaries of what is feasible, which is why there are so many different scholarships available to meet everyone’s interests and goals. Here is a starting point.
What are the benefits?
This scholarship provides either a:
- $10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of an undergraduate degree
- 50 percent fee remission for the three-year duration of an undergraduate degree, or
- 100 percent fee remission for the three-year duration of an undergraduate degree
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for this UNIMELB Scholarship, you must:
1. Be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
2. Have completed secondary school outside Australia or a foundation program in Australia
3. Have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course at the University of Melbourne;
4. Have a secondary school result that places you in the top 3%, such as:
- GCE A-levels: at least three A* grades with numerical grades and an average result of at least 93% in the best three subjects
- Most Australian Foundation Studies: an overall result of at least 98%
- International Baccalaureate (IB): a score of at least 42 (must be completed at a secondary school outside of Australia)
- US High School: a GPA of at least 3.9 in combination with an SAT of at least 1500 or an ACT of at least 31
- Canada Secondary School: an overall score of at least 97%
- India Secondary School (CBSE, ISCE, or State Board Exam); an overall score of at least 95%
- Vietnam High School has an overall Year 12 GPA of 9.0 or above
5. Not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program).
This scholarship and value are offered to eligible candidates based on academic merit and ranking according to prior academic results.
Application Process: Students will be automatically considered for this scholarship.
Graduate Research Scholarships: Available to high-achieving students undertaking graduate research at the University of Melbourne.
- RMIT Scholarships for Commencing International Students
- The University of Sydney International Scholarships
- UTS Scholarships Programme for Indigenous Students
- Requirements to Study in Canada for International Students
Variations of this Award
1. Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS): This scholarship is available to high-achieving domestic and international students undertaking a Master’s by Research degree or doctoral degree.
2. Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships:
Provided by the Australian Commonwealth Government, this scholarship is available to high-achieving domestic and international students undertaking a Master’s by Research degree or Doctorate by Research degree.
If you are a new student and have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships.
- You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within ten business days of having submitted your course application.
If you have accepted a graduate research course offer and deferred commencement in order to be reconsidered for a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year.
- You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within ten business days of having submitted the online form
If you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course for which you seek a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year.
- You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within ten business days of having submitted the online form.
What are the Benefits UNIMELB Scholarships?
1. Stipend and fee offset scholarships
2. Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Master by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
3. Living allowance of $34,400 per year pro rata (2024 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Master by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick maternity and parenting leave.
4. Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
5. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
6. Fee offset scholarships
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Master by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
1. All domestic students who are offered admission to a Master’s by Research or doctoral degree (Ph.D.) at the University of Melbourne will receive a Research Training Program Scholarship (Fee Offset).
2. Graduate Research Scholarships that provide a stipend, as well as fee offset, are awarded to domestic and international students based on academic merit.
- Eligible applicants are scored and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study.
- Factors such as completion of a degree at the same level as the research course for which the scholarship is sought, relevant professional experience, refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications, or composition of original music may be taken into consideration.
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.