UAB Scholarships are available to students who have achieved a variety of academic goals. Scholarship options for students who put up the effort to achieve their best are vital to them, as is rewarding their top students.
About UAB Scholarship
IB Scholarships, departmental Scholarships, Performance Scholarships, and more are all available at UAB.
Students should complete the general scholarship application in the Blazer Scholarship Management and Resource Tool if they are interested in these awards (BSMART).
Filling out the standard application sends student data to numerous university departments for scholarship consideration.
Students can start filling out the general application on August 1 and submit it by September 1 for scholarships that will be posted in BSMART.
List of UAB Scholarship
UAB offers a variety of scholarships for students of different grades. Below are listed some of the scholarships:
In-State Freshman Scholarships
Merit scholarships are given out by UAB for a variety of academic accomplishments. Merit scholarships will be taken into consideration for applicants to UAB who submit test results or test-optional applications.
Scholarship Deadline Extended: Apply for Admission by Dec. 31
Out-Of-State Freshman Scholarships
For a variety of academic accomplishments, UAB offers merit scholarships. Merit scholarships will be taken into consideration for applicants who apply to UAB with test scores or without taking the exam.
Scholarship Deadline: Apply for Admission by May 1
Scholarships for Transfer Students
Merit-based transfer scholarships are awarded using information from your admission application. An additional scholarship application is not required.
Note: The faculty sponsor may send a letter to UAB Undergraduate Admissions on the institution’s letterhead, certifying your membership, or the affiliation must be reflected on your official community college transcript.
For fall admissions, all supporting documents must be sent by the deadline of March 1. (December 1 deadline for spring admits).
Membership is not required to receive this scholarship (based on the cumulative GPA of all transferable coursework).
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
1. Admitted to UAB – Must be admitted to an undergraduate program at UAB by the scholarship deadline. (Current high school seniors, former UAB students, students who have received a bachelor’s degree, and students pursuing a certificate-only program will not be considered.)
2. GPA – Must have a minimum 3.25 GPA, including your most recent grades. (An updated, official transcript that contains the most recent semester’s grades must be received prior to the scholarship deadline.
- Non-transferable coursework, such as technical or remedial courses, will not be calculated in GPA.)
3. Residency – Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Priority Scholarship Deadlines:
- Spring – December 1
- Fall – March 1
Students who apply after the priority deadline will be considered on a funds-available basis.
- Liberty University Scholarships Programme
- Mizzou Scholarships Programme
- OSAC Scholarship Application|Oregon Student Aid
- Health Professions Scholarship Program
Scholarships for International Students
The UAB International Scholarship, valued at US $7,500 per year, is available to applicants who are enrolling as first-year, full-time, degree-seeking students in an undergraduate program at UAB.
Students must meet all of the following requirements to be automatically considered for this award upon admission to UAB:
1. Graduate from a secondary or high school (up to 2 years prior to intake) with a minimum grade point average of 3.0/4.0
2. Have not enrolled in post-secondary work
3. Anticipate holding an F-1 visa
4. The cumulative GPA at the time of acceptance will be the GPA being assessed. Each scholarship is given out according to the availability of funds and is renewable for a total of four years (or eight academic semesters). This prize is not available to students who have other scholarships from the government or other funding.
Scholarship Eligibility Deadlines
Students must be accepted to UAB by the following deadlines to be considered for scholarships:
- April 1 for the June intake
- May 1 for the August intake
- November 1 for the January intake
UAB is a destination for academically talented students, and they are proud to recognize and award multiple national and international scholars. So be a part of it by applying to the one that you are eligible for.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.