ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship provides access to the world of Swiss academia, which merges Innovative thinking with the best curriculum. Students who have finished their second year at a university in the United States or Canada are eligible for this program. For additional details, continue reading.
If a student has a letter of acceptance from a professor at a Swiss institution for a research stay in their group, they are eligible for the award regardless of their topic of study.
You can find everything you need to know about the application process and qualifying requirements right here.
Students from Australia, Singapore, and India can participate in the ThinkSwiss program in the Asia-Pacific region.
About the Scholarship
ThinkSwiss is a scholarship program managed by the Science Office at the Embassy of Switzerland in Washington, D.C.
The State Secretariat for Education, Research, and Innovation (SERI) are responsible for funding the initiative, and the Swiss Embassy in Ottawa, Canada, provides assistance.
The program’s objectives are to increase research possibilities for students from the United States and Canada in Switzerland and to promote communication between Swiss, American, and Canadian academic and research organizations.
To apply for a ThinkSwiss Scholarship you must:
1. Currently, be enrolled at an accredited U.S. or Canadian university/college,
2. Be a graduate student or an undergraduate student who will have completed their sophomore year by the time the research stay in Switzerland begins, and
3. Provide written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that they will accept you for a research stay in their group.
- FIU USA Presidential Merit Awards
- Bangor University Bachelors Scholarships
- PEO Postgraduate Scholarship Application
- James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2024 Application
The application period is now open! We are looking forward to your application.
In order to apply, please fill out the contact form below and send all supporting documents in PDF format by December 31st, 2023. In order to be considered for this scholarship, each application must contain:
1. The completed application online form
2. A research project outline (e.g. an overview of the tasks and milestones of your project that you agreed on with your host professor, max. 2 pages)
3. A letter of motivation/explanation of why you should be awarded the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship, why you would make an excellent “student ambassador” in the future, and why you choose Switzerland as your research destination (please keep this within 2 pages)
4. A CV (no more than two pages)
5. A copy of your current university transcripts and diplomas (if applicable)
6. A letter of acceptance from the host professor and/or hosting institution in Switzerland (we expect this letter to highlight the relevance of your research)
7. A letter of recommendation from a current professor who can attest to the applicant’s abilities.
- For further questions please contact [email protected].
The application is Closed for now.
- Note: They won’t review applications submitted after the deadline.
The application and all supporting documents must be sent in PDF format to [email protected].
Kindly exercise patience and allow a couple of days for them to contact you after your submission.
If you do not receive a personal email from their office within one week of your submission, please get in touch with them.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.