Scholarships for Nursing Students: Do you need additional financing for your nursing studies? Fortunately, a variety of scholarships are available to support potential nurses in achieving their goals. Check out these nursing scholarships that are available all across the world.
Although there are criteria for obtaining any scholarship, you shouldn’t underrate your chances of being chosen.
All types of nursing students are eligible for scholarships, many of which are designed for candidates with particular specialties, cultural identities, military history, and other demographic traits.
Scholarships for Nursing Students
Scholarships can be a useful tool for helping you pay for the education you need to achieve, whether you’re a high school senior making plans for freshman year or a working professional looking for a new direction in your career. Below are some scholarships for nursing students:
1. A Nurse I Am Scholarship
Cherokee Uniforms, the world’s leading manufacturer of medical clothing, is the sponsor of the A Nurse I Am scholarship.
Through the A Nurse I Am Scholarship initiative, which was started by Cherokee Uniforms in 2007, more than 100 eligible undergraduate and graduate students have received more than $200,000 since the program’s inception.
Cherokee Uniforms is honored to accompany you on your journey from the first day of school to the day you retire.
- The 2023 Scholarship Application will open in February 2023.
2. American Red Cross Jane Delano Student Nurse Scholarship
Undergraduate or graduate nursing students who work for an American Red Cross unit or have volunteered there are eligible for this scholarship.
Application requirements: Candidates must be enrolled in a nursing program in the United States and be in excellent academic standing with the completion of one year’s worth of college credits.
- Additionally, you must have worked or volunteered for the Red Cross at least once in the previous five years.
Award Amount and Conditions: Only a few $3,000 scholarships are given out. Scholarship money can only be used for academic fees, books, and tuition.
How to Apply: Complete the on-site application, including the 2-part essay. Part 1 is a description of relevant Red Cross experience; part 2 relates to the applicant’s plans in the nursing field.
- Application Ongoing
3. AACN Continuing Professional Development Scholarships
AACN’s scholarship program is designed to promote lifelong learning, personal reflection, and professional growth.
You can continue to improve professionally and personally with the aid of AACN’s continuing professional development scholarships. Only AACN members are eligible for this chance.
How to Apply You must create a customized learning plan that connects a knowledge gap to the activity you have been asked to do as well as answer various questions, such as how the opportunity will help you meet your learning objectives.
- Please submit your application three to four months in advance to provide us with time to handle your request.
- Step Up Scholarship for Student in Florida
- Be Bold Scholarship Programme |No Essay Scholarship
- No Essay Scholarships Programme: Exclusive for Students
- Penn State Scholarships Programme for International Students
4. Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing Scholarships
For students who exhibit excellent academic ability, leadership qualities, exceptional community service, and other personal attributes and accomplishments, the School of Nursing reserves a small sum of merit-based funds.
These merit prizes are given for accomplishment rather than for a need for money. Each applicant is taken into account while applying for admission.
Scholarships are given to students accepted into and enrolled full-time in MSN or DNP programs. The scholarships range in value from $7,500 to the whole tuition.
A scholarship recipient is required to attend full-time and maintain high academic standing in order to keep the scholarship.
Each semester a student is enrolled full-time, a portion of the award will be applied to their financial assistance package. The money given will be distributed equally across the programs.
5. Canadian Nurses Foundation
The Canadian Nurses Foundation offers bachelor, master’s, and doctoral scholarships to nursing students across Canada. These merit-based awards, which vary in value from $750 to $10,000, are given out.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Must be enrolled in a nursing program in Canada. RN, IEN, NP, LPN, RPN
- Must meet these program and timeline requirements.
Over $400,000 in scholarships are awarded each year by the Canadian Nurses Foundation to enhance nursing education and practice in the country.
Supporting the most talented nursing students in Canada will ultimately result in improved patient outcomes and a more robust Canadian healthcare system.
As the only national nursing foundation in Canada, they are pleased to accept applications from students in every province and territory.
Application Deadline: Scholarship applications are now CLOSED. Applications for 2023 will be open from January 1, 2023, to March 15, 2023.
6. TravelNurseSource Future U.S. Nurse Scholarship
For the Fall 2023 semester, undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral nursing students will each receive a $1,000 nursing scholarship from TravelNurseSource.com.
For the Spring 2024 semester, undergraduate nursing students will also get a $1,000 nursing scholarship.
A captivating essay detailing the applicant’s background, what motivated them to pursue a nursing career, and how this scholarship will help them accomplish their objectives is required of all applicants.
Who is Eligible to Apply
To be eligible for our nursing scholarships, students must be:
- A legal U.S. resident
- A student pursuing a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or Ph. D. in nursing at an accredited U.S. nursing school.
- 18 years of age or older
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Please note that past winners of our TravelNurseSource.com Nursing Scholarship Program are not eligible to apply. However, previous scholarship applicants can re-apply.
- Nurse Corps Scholarship Program: Application Details
- Study Abroad Scholarships and Grant for Undergraduates
- Burger King Scholarship Programme Application Details
- Horatio Alger Scholarships for College Students
Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 Nursing Scholarship Timeline
- Fall 2023 Semester
Submission opens: November 2, 2022
Submission due: June 1, 2023
Winner Announcement: July 1, 2023
- Spring 2024 Semester
Submission opens: June 2, 2023
Submission due: November 1, 2023
Winner Announcement: December 1, 2023
7. TYLENOL® Future Care Scholarship
Each year the makers of TYLENOL® award annual scholarships to well-deserving students pursuing careers in healthcare. 30+ years later, we’re proud to continue a tradition that supports those dedicated to a lifetime of caring for others.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Applicants must meet all the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Be a resident of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or the District of Columbia.
- Be a graduate student or be a college senior who will be enrolling in graduate school during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Provide proof of enrollment to a graduate program in medical school, nursing, and/or pharmacy.
- Have one or more years of school remaining.
Scholarships will be awarded to students and practitioners who are seeking a degree to actively treat patients.
Please Note that Employees of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division, International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS), their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the families of each are not eligible.
2022 TYLENOL® Scholarship applications are now closed.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.