Ramat Polytechnic is committed to raising students who will become excellent leaders in government and industries. You can be a part of this school if you have all the requirements. Carefully go through this article to get more information.
About Ramat Polytechnic
The Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri was established as Government Technical College in January, 1973 by the defunct North-Eastern State Government.
In August 1979, it was again upgraded to the status of a Polytechnic in conformity with the Federal Government initiative to upgrade all Colleges of Technology in the country to Polytechnics.
The Polytechnic which is fully recognized by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) has six Schools which consist of thirty-five (35) Academic Departments.
The School system was introduced in 1982/1983 Academic Session with the following:
- School of Agriculture
- School of Engineering
- School of Environmental Studies
- School of Management
- School of Vocation and Technical Education
- School of General Studies.
The Polytechnic offers full and part-time courses of instruction and training leading to
- National Diploma (ND)
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE Tech and Bus)
- And other Certificates of distinctions in Scientific, Technological, Management and Engineering courses for the intermediate level manpower requirements of the State and the nation in general. In addition, Remedial Programs
To be a renowned Polytechnic in the African continent specialized in the training of industrial and entrepreneurial graduates for the development of the society.
To build a strong and outstanding academic institution with a conducive, motivating and functional entrepreneurship centre in realizing the dreams and future expectations of students, staff and the nation at large.
Schools and Departments
Below is a list of schools and departments in this polytechnic:
1. School of Agriculture and Applied Science
- Agricultural Technology
- Computer Science
- Hospitality Management
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Science Lab Technology
2. School of Engineering
- Agric and Bio. Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
3. School of Management
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration and Management
- Industrial and Labour Relations
- Office Technology and Management
- Purchasing and Supply
- Public Administration
4. School of Vocation and Technical Education
- Business Education
- Technical Education
5. School of Environmental Studies
- Architectural Technology
- Building Technology
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Survey and Geoinformatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Heritage Polytechnic Programmes
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic
- LENS Polytechnic Offa Programmes
- Federal Polytechnic Oko Admission
Admission shall be open to all qualified applicants:
1. Candidates must satisfy all School and departmental requirements.
2. They must have not less than five passes at credit level in SSCE, GCE, NECO, GRADE II or NABTEB which must include English Language and Mathematics for all categories of students seeking admission.
3. Moreover, each candidate is expected to have a minimum cut-off mark in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
In addition to the general admission requirements stated above:
1. Candidates must satisfy the following School/departmental requirements for admission into HND programmes.
2. All the requirements for admission into the National Diploma (ND) Programme in the relevant field of
3. A minimum of Lower Credit pass, that is a G.P.A. of 2.50 and above in the ND examination in the appropriate field, and;
4. A minimum of one year cognate work experience for ND Diplomat, with Lower Credit and above and two or more years for those with a Pass MAY be considered for admission into the HND.
FAQs Asked Questions About Ramat Polytechnic
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers for you:
1. How can I Check my Ramat Admission?
Visit https://ramatpoly.net/ Click the Admission Status Link. Provide your JAMB Registration Number. Click the check button.
2. When Ramat Polytechnic Established?
Ramat Polytechnic is a state tertiary institution of learning in Maiduguri Borno State, Nigeria. It was established by the government of the defunct North-Eastern State in January 1973 as Government Technical College.
3. Is Ramat Polytechnic Form Out?
The management of the Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri has commenced the sale of application forms for admission into the following programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session: REMEDIAL PROGRAMMES. NCE TECHNICAL/BUSINESS EDUCATION PROGRAMMES.
4. How many departments are there in Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri?
There are 30 academic departments at Ramat Polytechnic.
We believe this article was helpful if yes kindly share it with family and friends via all social media platforms.