Physical Education NECO Questions and Answers 2023/2024
Physical Education NECO Questions and Answers is available online now, so if you are a candidate who is in search of 2023 NECO Physical Education NECO Questions you are at the right place. We are here to guide you, Just read on!
The National Examinations Council is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January, respectively.
Physical Education NECO Questions and Answers
PAPER III: Answer all questions.
Each question is followed by five options lettered A – E. Choose the correct option for each question and shade in pencil on your answer sheet, the answer space that bears the same letter as the option you have chosen. Give only one answer to each question and erase completely any answer you wish to change. Do all your rough work on this question paper.
An example is given below.
Which of these bones is not found in the leg?
The correct option is “clavicle” which is lettered A. Therefore, answer space A would be shaded.
[A] [B] [C] [D] [E]
Physical Edu Objective Questions for NECO
1. The Ancient Olympic Games in Athens were held in honour of
2. When was the Physical Education syllabus first introduced in Nigeria?
3. Physical Education can best be defined as education for
A. Development and maintenance of the whole individual.
B. Development of physical skills.
C. Development of social interaction.
D. physical and mental development.
E. physical training.
4. The following were the aims of Physical Education in Athens except
A.developing courage and military skills
B. developing farming and hunting skills.
Developing self-discipline among young stars.
D. producing citizens who are men of action.
E. reverencing for Greek gods and loyalty to the State.
5. Which of the following methods is used in treating muscle cramps?
A. Applying a cold compress
B. Applying pressure bandage
C. Derating the affected part
D. Massaging the affected part
E. Stretching the affected limb
6. How many interlocking rings are on the Olympics’ logo?
7. When was the National Football Governing body in Nigeria formed?
8. The over-riding belief of the Greeks was to develop the man
A. of action
B. of endurance.
C. of exercise,
D. of flexibility
E. with strength.
9. In athletics, the preliminary rounds that qualify an athlete for the next stage are known as
10. Who was the pioneer of Physical Education that introduced the use of apparatus in teaching?
A. Archibald Maclaren
B. Fredrick Ludwig
C. Henrik Ling
D. Johann Guth’s Muths
E. John Basedow
11. Which of these postural defects is referred to as ‘round back’?
A. Fiat foot
12. The exercise that gives abdominal muscle strength and endurance is
B. frog jump
- WAEC Insurance Questions and Answers
- WAEC Igbo Questions and Answers
- WAEC Book Keeping Questions and Answers
- WAEC Animal Husbandry Questions and Answers
13. Which of the following is a characteristic of recreation?
A. Competitive in nature
B. Compulsory participation
C. Enjoyment and satisfaction
D. Encourages idleness and emotions
E. Reduces fitness level
14. Which of the following is an outdoor recreational activity?
15. A freely chosen beneficial activity performed during leisure time defines
16. Which of these organs perform(s) the function of respiration?
17. Humerus and Radius meet at the _ joints.
18. If a player in Basketball bounces and holds the ball repeatedly, it is called
B. double bounce
C. Good pass.
D. single bounce
19.Which of the following activities is classified as a locomotor movement?
20. The components of Physical fitness include the following.
21. Which of these vitamins is responsible for food and clothing?
22. Which of these joints allows sideway and forward movement?
A.Ball and Socket
23. In a round-robin competition, if 6 teams will play a total number of 15 matches how many matches will 14 teams play? [Use this formula (N(N-1))/2]
24. Which of these skills is used as a defence in Volleyball?
NECO Physical Education Theory Questions
PAPER II: Answer any four questions. All questions carry equal marks
1(a) Define “dead heat” in Athletics. (2 marks)
1(b) Mention five qualities of a hurdler (5 marks)
1(c) List three segments of the vertebra column (3 marks)
2(a) Mention three activities under each of the following: (3 marks)
2(a)i. Trunk exercise (3 marks)
2(a)ii. Arm exercise (2 marks)
2(b) Define linear motion in relation to physical activities. (2 marks)
2(c) State two ways in which the Adopted Physical Education Programme is important (2 marks)
3(a) List three methods of arresting bleeding. (3 marks)
3(b) Give four components of the Physical Education programme. (4 marks)
3(c) Mention three types of shock. (3 marks)
NECO Physical Education Essay Questions
4(a) State four effects of exercise on digestion. (4 marks)
4(b) List two causes of muscle cramps (2 marks)
4(c) Explain the following terms: (3 marks)
4(c)i. bruise (2 marks)
4(c)i. blood pressure (2 marks)
5(a) Define heart rate. (2 marks)
5(b) State four structural limits to flexibility. (4 marks)
5(c) List four factors that promote personal health. (4 marks)
6(a) List five rules that determine kick-off in soccer. (5 marks)
6(b) Mention three types of trapping in soccer (3 marks)
6(c) Explain the term “man-to-man defence” in Basketball? (2 marks)
DISCLAIMER! These are not real physical education NECO Questions and Answers but likely repeated questions over the years to help candidates understand the nature of their examinations. Ensure to take note of every question provided on this page.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.