Palmetto Fellows Scholarship aids students financially throughout school, if you are a student don’t be in a hurry to glance through because this article will tell you more about this scholarship. So if you are interested, kindly read through.
About the Scholarship
The South Carolina Commission on Higher Education determines initial eligibility for the renowned Palmetto Fellows Scholarship.
Additionally, if you are majoring in a STEM-related field of study, you may be eligible for a $2,500 Palmetto Scholarship Enhancement.
If you are a South Carolina high school student with exceptional academic records, you are qualified to apply for the state-awarded Palmetto Fellows Scholarship.
The SC HOPE Scholarship and the LIFE Scholarship are not open to Palmetto Fellows recipients.
General Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
1. Not in default of any state or federal loans
2. Enroll in a degree-seeking program at an eligible SC institution
3. Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress
4. US Citizen/Legal Permanent Resident*
5. Be an SC Resident*
6. No felony convictions
7. No second or subsequent alcohol/drug misdemeanors
Eligibility Requirements for Freshman
There are two ways for a student to meet the academic requirements for the Palmetto Fellows Scholarship at the end of the academic year for the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade, placing in the top 6%.
1. For those schools/home school groups who have an official rank policy that has been examined by the SC Commission on Higher Education for conformity with the established Palmetto Fellows Scholarship Regulations, the rank may be used as an eligibility condition.
2. Earn a SAT score of 1200 (math and critical reading alone) or an ACT score of 27. (through the June test administration of the graduating year). The ACT test score will increase to 25 starting in Fall 2023.
3. Earn a 3.5 cumulative GPA (based on the S.C. Uniform Grading Policy). Alternatively, you may be eligible if you complete the following standards academically without regard to rank:
4. Earn a SAT score of 1400 (math and critical reading only) or an ACT score of 32. (through the June test administration of the graduating year). The ACT test score will increase to 31 starting in Fall 2023.
5. Obtain a cumulative GPA of 4.0. (based on the S.C. Uniform Grading Policy).
Please be aware that you must apply to the SC Commission on Higher Education for a Palmetto Fellow during your senior year of high school. For more information, speak with the guidance counselor at your high school.
Eligibility Requirements for Transfer Students
1. All general eligibility standards must be met.
2. Your GPA and the number of credits you acquire each academic year are two additional prerequisites for renewal.
3. All general eligibility standards must be met.
4. You must contact the SC Commission on Higher Education to ask to transfer your Palmetto Fellows.
5. Conditions for Continuing Students’ Eligibility
- Boren Scholarship Programme Application Details
- How to Write a Thank you Letter for a Scholarship
- Dr Pepper Scholarship Giveaway for Students
- Davidson Fellows Scholarship Application Details
Palmetto Fellows Scholarship Award Amount
$7,500 The South Carolina General Assembly determines the Palmetto Fellows Scholarship grant sum each year. New students are given $6,700.
Juniors, seniors, and sophomores each receive $7,500. In addition to any other scholarships and grants, the Palmetto Fellows and the $2,500 Palmetto Fellows Enhancement Scholarship cannot exceed the on-campus resident budget as specified by Title IV laws.
If you receive a Palmetto Fellows Scholarship, you must complete a Self Service Carolina South Carolina State Scholarship/Grant Certification.
Select “Financial Aid, Award and Award for Aid Year” from SSC. Select “Terms and Conditions” after which you can finish the certification. You must click the “Receive Award Offer” option to accept your scholarship after completing the certification.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.