One Young World Scholarship Program is designed for young leaders who are committed to tackling these challenges by either reducing climate change’s causes and effects or enhancing opportunities for education, skill development, and access in their local communities, nations, or the entire world.
People must cooperate to create a better, more sustainable future for both humanity and the planet in light of the world’s increasingly complicated difficulties.
The climate crisis is one of these issues that have to be addressed immediately. It is crucial that, while the globe continues to recover from the epidemic, they do not simply revert to our previous practices.
Instead, they must seize this opportunity to build multifaceted, creative solutions to combat climate change and fulfill the goals of the Paris Agreement.
One Young World Scholarship Program
Deloitte is of the opinion that it is our duty to create a better, more sustainable future where each person is empowered, uplifted, and able to realize their full potential.
By 2030, they want to increase possibilities for 100 million more people worldwide through the strategic programs WorldClass and WorldClimate and to address climate change both inside and outside of our organization.
Individuals are pleased to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2024, which will enable 5 exceptional young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Belfast, United Kingdom, on October 2–5, 2024. Deloitte has been a longtime partner of One Young World.
What Deloitte Expects from Candidates
Candidates for the scholarship should have shown dedication to:
1. Develop, expand, or assist with initiatives to lower carbon emissions.
2. Use technology, activism, community initiatives, legislation, natural solutions, and other methods to lessen the harmful effects of climate change.
3. Encourage individuals within the community or around the world to take climate action
4. Develop and implement strategies aimed at lessening the effects of natural disasters caused by climate change and boosting resilience.
5. Provide possibilities for those who may be left behind by the fast-shifting global economy to acquire education, training, or a job. Women and girls, as well as impoverished kids, are two examples.
6. Provide chances for people to learn new skills or pursue lifelong learning in order to prepare for the workforce of the future, including in fields where talent is in short supply.
- Uni Leipzig Summer School Scholarships Programme
- Newton International Fellowships for International Researchers
- Romanian MFA Foreign Citizens Scholarship
- University of Aberdeen Global Scholarship
Scholars will receive:
1. Access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Belfast
2. Travel restrictions permitting
3. Hotel accommodation in a private room between 1 and 5 (inclusive) October 2024
4. The cost of travel to and from Belfast (economy class)
5. Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit)
6. Ground transportation between Summit venues
7. Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy”
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
1. Must be Aged 18 – 30
2. Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship, but projects must be based where Deloitte has a presence (Candidates from Northern Ireland are particularly encouraged to apply)
3. Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
4. Demonstrated capacity for leadership
5. Understanding of key local and/or global issues
6. Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address either climate and environmental challenges, or education and skills-based challenges
*Most delegates are between the ages of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
Applications are Closed for now.
Click Here for more information
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.