No Location Found iPhone Meaning: When you see a notification like no location found, curiosity steps in and in most cases panic. Worry no more as this article deals with no location found iPhone meaning if you are an iPhone user.
No Location Found iPhone Meaning
Find My was created by combining the ‘Find My Friends’ and ‘Find My iPhone’ applications. The Find My iPhone app allows you to track family and friends from your iOS devices, Mac, and Apple Watch.
It’s also useful if you misplace or lose your Apple device. However, you may occasionally receive a ‘No Location Found’ or ‘Location Not Available’ message.
It occurs when the location services are disabled. It also appears when your iPhone is set to Airplane mode.
If the problem persists, you can check and enable Location Services. You can also disable the Airplane mode and test the feature again.
So, let’s get right to it and see what you can do to resolve the ‘No Location Available’ error on your iPhone.
The Reason iPhone Say ‘No Location Found’?
1. Inaccurate time and date
2. Find My and Share My Location are turned off.
3. Find My is down in Apple’s system.
4. Outdated iOS
5. Location Services are toggled off.
6. Network issues
7. Your iPhone is in Airplane mode
How to Fix ‘No Location Found’ on iPhone
You can try a variety of methods to resolve the “No Location Found” error on your iPhone. One of the first things you can do is close and reopen the Find My app. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your phone.
Enable your location services to allow your phone to use your location. Turn off the phone if it enters Airplane mode. You can also check and correct the date and time.
Sometimes the problem comes from the other side. It is recommended that your friends and family try all of the mentioned fixes on their phones as well.
If you are still experiencing problems, you can find more information about the fixes in the list below.
1. Enable Location Services
If you turn off location services on your iPhone, the phone will be unable to detect your location. As a result, you must enable Location Services.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and click on Privacy.
- Select Location Services.
- Toggle the button next to Location Services on and off.
2. Turn on Precise Location
To remove the ‘No Location Available’ message, you can grant Precise Location permission to ‘Find My’ in the settings.
- Choose Settings.
- Select the Privacy option.
- Location Services should be contacted.
- Make sure Location Services is enabled.
- Scroll down and select Find My.
- Make sure the blue checkmark next to ‘Ask Next Time Or When I Share’ or ‘While Using the App’ is next to Allow Location Access.
- Toggle the button next to Precise Location on and off.
- How to Make Money On Facebook
- Target Gift Card Exchange; Tips and Tricks
- WorldEdit Commands: How to Use and Install it
- How to Add Music to Facebook Profile on Android and iOS
3. Disable Airplane Mode
The wireless connection of your phone is turned off when the iPhone is set to or accidentally enters Airplane mode. Regrettably, it also results in the ‘No Location Found’ error.
To turn off Airplane mode on your phone, follow the steps below:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Navigate to Airplane Mode and deactivate the button.
- The Airplane icon on the upper left side of the iPhone will vanish as a result of this.
4. Restart your iPhone.
Location services may occasionally fail due to technical issues on your iPhone. In that case, a quick restart can resolve the issue and refresh the background processing on your phone. It allows the system to restart.
5. Set the Correct Date and Time
The device’s date and time must be correct for proper location tracking. When you encounter the ‘No Location Found’ error, you can check your iPhone’s date and time settings and, if necessary, correct them.
- Start Settings.
- Choose the General option.
- Press the Date and Time buttons.
- Turn off the option Set Automatically.
- Then choose the Time Zone option, type in your city name, and click OK.
6. Proper Access to the Internet Connection
To track your location and interact with ‘Find My,’ you must have an active internet connection. Only the last known location of your iPhone will be available if it is not connected to Wi-Fi or Cellular data.
As a result, it is critical that you have access to a reliable internet connection in order to resolve the problem. Depending on your preferences, you can connect to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
To see if the Find My service is operational, go to the official Apple System Status website and search for Find My. A green dot will appear next to the service if it is active. A red or yellow dot will appear if it is not working.
It is unusual for Find My to be unavailable. But it does happen from time to time, and there is nothing you can do about it. All you have to do is wait for Apple to repair the service.
7. Reset Location and Privacy Option
If the ‘No Location Found’ error persists, you may want to reset your location and privacy settings. The location and privacy settings will be reset, and apps will require permission to access the location. Follow the steps below and return to ‘Find My’ to see if the problem has been resolved.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select General.
- Choose Reset.
- Select the Reset Location & Privacy option.
- A prompt will appear asking for your Passcode. Please enter your passcode.
- Select the Reset Settings option.
8. Update the iOS of your iPhone
In some cases, an outdated version of iOS may be the root of the problem. Updating your phone’s software version can remove bugs and software glitches.
If you’re not sure how to update the iOS on your iPhone, try the following steps:
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select the General option.
- Select Software Update.
- Now, click the Download and Install button.
- Following that, you will be prompted to enter your password.
- Enter your password, then click Install Now.
With respect to the notification” No location found” That is all there is to know. The steps, the challenges, and solving it is in this article so, Good luck.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.