NLNG Scholarships 2023-2024 are Ongoing! Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) is delighted to solicit applicants with qualifications to apply for the NLNG Scholarships Scheme 2023-2024. This scholarship is available to all students at all levels. This is an annual scholarship to be sought.
NLNG Scholarships provide financial aid for students who otherwise would not have the funds to afford their higher education. It also is designed to reward and recognize academic excellence.
Before you submit your application for this award, we suggest reading this article to find out the complete details of the scholarship.
Including who is qualified for the scholarship and the amount of the award, what it is, what you need to do, the application deadline, as well as other crucial information.
About the NLNG Scholarships
Nigeria LNG Limited remains focused on human capital and education development as being areas of particular significance because these two areas are fundamental and essential for national development.
- Undergraduate Scholarships Undergraduate Scholarship: N150 000 per year for the duration of each recipient.
- Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship- USD67,500 per awardee per study
- The amount of money spent per awardee can vary from approximately USD 45,000 to USD 67,500 depending on the study course.
1. NLNG Post-Primary Scholarship
The program is designed to help students perform well in the basic six classes of the communities that host the company’s hosts and gain access to post-primary education.
The program was launched in 2012 with just 28 beneficiaries. By 2019, there were 342 beneficiaries, with a total amount of N825,300,000. ($2.697m) that was spent up to this point.
Candidates are accepted into the scheme via an application process on the company’s website according to the advertised criteria. The selection test determines the most qualified candidates for the program.
Anyone interested in becoming a beneficiary must be able to meet the following conditions:
- Be an indigene of one of the NLNG community hosts.
- Be a primary pupil in grades 5 or 6.
- Give the primary five results of their test.
- It is required to provide an attestation document that is signed and stamped by the head of their primary school (contact phone number for the head of school to be added).
- Send an indigenous confirmation letter with the signature of an official from the CDC Chairperson or the Chief of the area of his/her residence.
- You must provide proof of identity from your local government council.
- Do not be a child or ward of staff at Nigeria LNG Limited.
2. NLNG Scholarships: Undergraduates
This was conceived as a crucial part of our educational intervention program for the community hosts in 1998. It was made available to the remainder of Nigeria in 2003.
An estimated 3,416 undergraduates from different universities in Nigeria have benefited from the scheme. N768.9m ($2.5130m) has been invested in the project.
The introduction of web-based applications and using social networks (Facebook) to disseminate information in 2012 has made the process of selection more efficient and cost-effective and increased awareness of the scheme.
The amount of the award is N150, 000 annually for the duration of each recipient. The scheme was redesigned to increase the number of beneficiaries from 150 to 300 from the beginning of the academic year 2018/2019.
Anyone who is a potential beneficiary should:
- Have excellent or very excellent West Africa School Certificate (WASC) or National Examination Council (NECO) result in ONE sitting
- Get the highest score on taking the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) exam.
- You must be a fully-certified Full-Time Year-One student at one of the Nigerian universities when applying.
- You cannot be a recipient of another scholarship award from other companies or organizations.
- Do not be a spouse, child or ward, or an immediate relative of staff at Nigeria LNG Limited.
What is the process to apply to be a candidate for the NLNG Student Scholarship for Undergraduates 2023?
Anyone interested should click this hyperlink to apply. All applications must include the following documents as attachments:
1. Photos of passport size
2. WASC OR NECO result
3. JAMB Answer
4. Admission letter to the university
5. Student ID card for students at the university
6. LGA Letter of Identification
7. Candidates must provide correct contact information as they are used in order to inform the status of their application
- It will then be rejected:
- For incomplete attachments
- Inability to adhere to the advertised criteria.
3. NLNG Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship
The program was introduced in October 2012 and has fifteen beneficiaries each year who will pursue studies at the top UK universities.
The scheme covers the following subjects: Environmental Studies, Engineering, and Management, Accounting and Economics, Information Technology, Geology and Banking, Law and Medicine.
The recipients of the 2019 awards have begun their courses at different UK universities. So far, 78 students have received the award, which translates to an overall cost in the amount of N1.308b ($4.27m).
Scholarships are available at these UK Universities including the University of Aberdeen, and the University of Cranfield.
The Eligibility Criteria of Study: Field of Study:
- Renewable Energy
- Environmental Studies
- Management Sciences
- Information Technology
1. You can apply for provisional admission to certain UK universities to pursue one of the following subjects: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law and Medicine
2. Attained a minimum of 2nd Class Upper Degree in a related field of study
3. You have completed your NYSC program.
4. A minimum of 8.0 IELTS
5. Not more than 30 years old
6. Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
7. Documents to prove identity from their LGAs
8. You must have an international passport that is valid for at the least one year starting in September 2018,
9. Candidates can obtain the tier-4 visa after having been successful
10. You must prove that you can travel in September 2018, if they are selected
11. Not be a parent of any staff member at Nigeria LNG Limited
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Apply
For those who want to submit an application to apply for NLNG Scholarships successfully follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Visit the official website for NLNG Scholarships and then select an application to be eligible for the category.
Step 2: Select the category you want to be in (e.g Undergraduate)
Step 3: After you have selected the category you want to be in, click “REGISTER” You’ll be directed to an application form.
Step4: Once you’re finished filling out this form, click “SUBMIT” Review the completed form before submitting it to confirm that the information you entered is correct.
- NNPC Chevron scholarship
- World Bank Scholarship
- Masters Degree Scholarships
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS)
NLNG Scholarships Application Deadline
The deadline for this application is Not fixed yet.
Go to the scholarship website for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions for you:
1. Who is Eligible to Apply for Scholarships from the NLNG Awards?
NLNG The scholarship is available to undergraduate, post-primary, and postgraduate students.
2. What is the number of students receive NLNG Awards annually?
Post Primary Post Primary 342 beneficiaries
Undergraduate – 150 beneficiaries
Post Graduate – 15 beneficiaries.
3. How much is NLNG Scholarship Worth?
The scholarship award value is N150, 000 per annum for the course duration of each awardee.
4. What is the Full Meaning of NLNG?
NLNG stands for Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas.
5. Is NLNG a Government Company?
The company is an independent Incorporated Joint Venture owned in the following proportions: Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) (49%), Shell Gas B.V. (25.6%), Total Gaz Electricite Holdings France (15%), and Eni International N.A. N.V. S.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.