Music Scholarships: If you are a lover of music and also wants to further your career in music, we have a lot of scholarship that can assist you in actualizing your dreams. The scholarships listed in this article will help you go a long way in your music career carefully read to the end to get detailed information on how to apply.
Every human society is filled with music in one way or another. There are so many different types of modern music that it is mind-boggling, some of them created in more recent times, some in earlier ones.
Music is a flexible art form that lends itself well to symbiotic relationships with both verbal and physical movement, as in song and dance.
List of Music Scholarships
Music practitioners can apply for music scholarships. Whether you’re looking for undergraduate or postgraduate music scholarships that are fully or partially supported.
Here is a list of available music scholarships for Ph.D., MA, and undergraduate programs, both with and without an IELTS requirement.
MEXT (UR) Scholarship
Applicants need to submit an APU application before being evaluated for this award. The scholarship organization will then get recommendations from APU for qualified applicants.
Outstanding overseas students who are recommended by APU are given this scholarship.
This scholarship is offered by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) with the goal of boosting global competitiveness and encouraging active exchange between overseas students at Japanese universities.
- Full admission fee
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
1. Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
2. Be a national of a MEXT-designated country
3. Be born on or after April 2, 1988
4. Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
How to Apply
Applications for the 2023 April and September semesters are now open.
Therle Drake Postgraduate Scholarship
Applications for the Therle Drake Postgraduate Scholarship must be submitted by 15 November or 31 March of the year after, or the year the project is planned, respectively. Applications will be accepted on an annual basis.
All instrumentalists are eligible to apply, though a piano student may be given preference.
1. Applicants must be enrolling or have enrolled for postgraduate study at Te Kōkī New Zealand School of Music at Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington.
2. The scholarship can involve the student attending a short course; or attending and/or participating in a concert and/or masterclass in Europe, North America, or Australia.
3. The scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
The applicant must be enrolled or have enrolled for postgraduate study at Te Kōkī New Zealand School of Music at Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington, and remain in good academic standing.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date.
- Folds of Honor Scholarship for Military and First Responder
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund Application Process
- ESA Scholarship Program for the Youth Application Details
- List of Fully Funded Scholarships for Masters Degrees
Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Graduate students, young professionals, and artists from other countries can study and perform research in the United States due to the Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
There are more than 160 nations in the world where the Fulbright Foreign Student Program is active. Each year, about 4,000 international students are awarded Fulbright grants.
Binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or the U.S. manage the Fulbright Foreign Student Program. Embassies. These offices handle the processing of all applications for the Foreign Student Program.
How to Apply
The Fulbright Program for Foreign Students and Foreign Language Teaching Assistants (FLTAs) is administered by binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies. All Foreign Student and FLTA Program applications are processed by these offices.
Program eligibility and selection procedures vary widely by country
Cambridge International Scholarships
The Cambridge International Scholarships and Vice-Awards Chancellor’s are designed to provide full financial assistance for Ph.D. study to the top students, regardless of nationality. The scholarships cover the cost of the university composition fee as well as a living expense grant for one person.
Applicants must submit their applications by either 1 December 2022 or 5 January 2023, depending on which deadline is appropriate for their degree, if they want to begin their PhDs the following academic year. Please refer to the “Application & Funding Deadlines” section of the Postgraduate Admissions webpage.
The financing component of the online application form must be completed by all applicants through the Applicant Portal by checking the box that says they “want to be considered for funding” and by filling out the Cambridge Trust section.
The EDUFI Fellowship is intended, particularly, for providing initial funding to carry out research for a doctoral thesis in Finland.
We have attracted excellent young researchers to Finland with the fellowship, the majority of whom have also managed to secure further funding for their research.
Who can Apply and for whom?
You can apply for the fellowship grant if
- you work as a researcher or a teacher in a Finnish university department
- you will be hosting the research fellow
- you will commit to common objectives with the research fellow
- you will offer facilities and equipment for the use of the research fellow
- you will supervise the research.
You can apply for a fellowship for a non-Finnish post-graduate (post-master’s degree) student or a young researcher that you will invite to Finland or who has been in Finland for a maximum of one year before applying for the fellowship.
The EDUFI Fellowship is available to all foreign nationals and all fields of study.
You can apply for the fellowship grant at any time. Please send the application to us at least five months before the planned start of the fellowship.
The application process will take about three months. Usually, about 35-40% of applications are approved every year. Decisions will be sent to the applicant’s university department.
Fellows will need the following documents for their visa/residence permit application
- a copy of the EDUFI fellowship decision
- an invitation from the host university department
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship
The Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship program was established by the government of Hungary to encourage the internationalization of Hungarian higher education and to draw top international students from around the world who can deepen personal and professional connections with Hungary while continuing to pursue a top-notch education in the heart of Europe.
With marketable skills and knowledge, the graduates can forge ties on the civic, political, and economic levels when they return to their home countries, enhancing Hungary’s reputation and international recognition.
All applications shall be submitted through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation. After registration, the applicants are able to access the application system and upload the required documents.
- Art Scholarships for All Students Around the World
- RaiseMe Scholarships Programme Application Details
- Best Scholarship Websites and Search Engines for Students
- Exclusive Scholarships for Teachers Application Requirements
Scholarship Program for Studying in Kazakhstani Universities
The Ministry of education and science of the Republic of Kazakhstan calls for foreign applicants, including persons of Kazakh nationality who are not citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan for full-time studying in Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D. educational programs.
- Bachelor’s degree program – 490
- Master’s degree program – 50
- Ph.D. – 10
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.