Millennium Scholarship: Do you need a scholarship as an International or national student so that you can continue your education? If so, this article is for you. It contains comprehensive information about the scholarship, so read on to learn more about the requirements and the application process.
Recipients will also be asked to participate actively in the UWE Bristol Alumni Network after graduation by supporting the university’s recruitment efforts.
- Postgraduate level of study
- 50% of the cost of tuition.
- Period of award: One academic year
- Amount of awards offered: one to begin in January 2024
- All nationalities welcomed
- For the purposes of fees, all are considered overseas.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirement
1. Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree with the equivalent of a British first in order to be eligible.
2. Hold an unconditional offer or a conditional offer where the only requirement is IELTS or an equivalent English language test.
3. Being a new student at UWE Bristol who has never studied in the UK
4. Be considered overseas for the purpose of fees
5. Being unsponsored or not receiving any other scholarships or awards
6. Transcripts must be official and submitted with the application.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements for qualifying as outlined above, you will be invited to participate in the application process.
By the end of November, the selected candidates will be notified.
Only applicants who have paid their international deposit by the deposit deadline of November 21, 2024, will be considered for scholarships.
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate that you can afford the remaining tuition and living expenses, which are required by the UKVI.
- Application Deadline: 31 October 2024.
Terms and Conditions for International Students
Terms and conditions for the UWE Bristol international scholarships offered to incoming undergraduate and postgraduate students at UWE Bristol who are classified as being from outside the United Kingdom for purposes of tuition.
1. You are only permitted to have one scholarship from the University of the West of England. If you meet the requirements for more than one scholarship, the one that will benefit you the most will be given to you (unless otherwise stated).
2. Candidates that are chosen will receive written notification. The scholarship award letter will include a complete list of the program’s terms and conditions.
3. Every scholarship will come with a tuition cost waiver.
3. Unless otherwise stated, these are one-time prizes that are not renewed after the first year of study.
4. All scholarships, unless otherwise specified, are non-deferrable. If you are offered a scholarship and then choose to defer your place, the offer of the scholarship will be withdrawn and you will have to re-apply or will be reconsidered for the scholarship again the following year.
5. We reserve the right to defer the scholarship to the next intake should the program not run.
Please be aware:
1. That there are no scholarships available for the pre-sessional English language programs.
2. The Chancellor’s and Millennium’s 50% tuition price postgraduate scholarships do not apply to the MBA, BTC, LPC, GDL, MSc Robotics, or postgraduate research degree programs.
3. No postgraduate scholarships are available for continuing professional development (CPD) courses.
4. Any of the UWE Bristol scholarships are not available to students attending Hartpury University.
5. No UWE Bristol scholarship is available to students enrolling at a UWE Bristol Partner Institution abroad until they have attended a UWE Bristol campus (unless otherwise stated).
6. Scholarships are not available for distance learning courses.
Any recipients of foreign scholarships for abroad tuition fees will be notified in writing, along with a letter including all of the scholarship’s terms and conditions.
Financial obligations of successful candidates
The foreign deposit must be paid by the deadline for international deposits or the specific deadline noted in the invitation letter, whichever comes first.
When accepting the scholarship, they will need to demonstrate that they meet the UKVI requirements for being able to pay for living expenses and the remaining tuition.
If the scholarship covers less than 100% of the cost of living, transportation, and housing, they are responsible for the balance.
Any extension of the period of study at UWE Bristol or re-take of module etc will be at their own expense.
1. Following graduation, to be an active member of the UWE Bristol Alumni Network by helping the University to promote its programs to prospective students.
2. Participate in University-related advocacy work as directed (if specified in your scholarship award letter).
If they don’t meet these requirements, their scholarship may be revoked and they’ll be responsible for paying their tuition.
- Winchester Foundation Scholarship Program
- Tylenol Scholarship Program Application Details
- Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship Application Requirements
- McDonald Hacer National Scholarship Application Details
1. How do you get the Millennium Scholarship in Nevada?
You must maintain a 2.60 semester GPA for each semester until you complete a total of 30 credits. Starting in the semester in which you earn 30 or more credits, you must maintain a 2.75 GPA each semester you receive Millennium funds.
2. How Much Does the Millennium Scholarship pay at CSN?
$10,000 for Millennium Scholarship eligibility duration. 15 credit hours per semester at $40 per credit.
3. What Does the Millennium Scholarship Cover?
Millennium Scholarship will pay up to 15 non-remedial (program of study) credits per semester. The Millennium Scholarship will pay $80 per credit at eligible universities, $60 per credit at NSHE state colleges and upper level community college courses and $40 per credit at NSHE community colleges.
4. Does the Millennium Scholarship pay for Summer Classes?
The Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship (GGMS) is available as reimbursement for summer courses if a GGMS-eligible student passes the summer courses and the courses apply to the student’s program of study.
5. What Does the Gates Millennium Scholarship Pay for?
The award is based on the cost of tuition, fees, books and living expenses for the academic year, as well as the availability of grants, and other scholarships reported on the student’s financial aid award letter.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.