International Merit Scholarship: The University of Sheffield is delighted to offer 75 International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships in 2024. To be a part of this program, you have to carefully go through its eligibility criteria to check if you are eligible. To know this, carefully read this article to get all the information you need.
The scholarships cover 50% of the cost of an undergraduate degree program with Competitive prizes, beginning in the fall of 2023. New international students who meet the requirements can apply for the scholarship.
Before submitting an application for this scholarship, you must already have a place to study at the University of Sheffield.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirement
1. At the University of Sheffield, your program must start in the fall of 2023.
2. An offer for a course taken in its entirety at the University of Sheffield is required. All undergraduate degree programs are acceptable, with the exception of dentistry and medicine (A100/A101) (A200).
3. You must be self-supporting and qualified to pay the abroad tuition charge in order to qualify for financial aid.
4. Not being a sponsored student is a must.
5. You must enter a degree program at the University of Sheffield in program year 1 or year 2.
6. For scholarship purposes, all mArch programs are considered postgraduate taught programs and are not eligible for this or any other undergraduate scholarship.
7. The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provisions.
- University of California Masters Scholarship Programme
- Monash University Humanitarian Scholarships Programme
- University of Adelaide PhD Scholarship Application Details
- Imperial College London Masters Scholarship Programme Details
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful. A panel of senior members of staff will select the strongest applications and will be looking for the following:
1. The applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for a course at the University of Sheffield.
2. The applicant has clearly articulated future ambitions, these goals relate to the degree they have applied for.
3. The applicant has a strong academic profile.
You must commence your studies at the University of Sheffield in autumn 2023.
The International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023 is limited to one award per person.
The International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023 cannot be awarded in conjunction with any of the following scholarships:
- International Baccalaureate Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023
- NCUK Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023
- GEMS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023
- International School of Choueifat Merit Scholarship 2023
- DPS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023
- International Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
- NCUK Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
The scholarship may be given in conjunction with any other awards from the department or faculty you will be studying in, subject to not becoming a sponsored student.
To find out if your department or faculty offers any scholarships, please utilize the financing calculator.
The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any funding from an external sponsor excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
If you are chosen for a merit scholarship, you will be guaranteed the reward in your first year of study, subject to eligibility and award requirements.
The scholarship is available in each of the following academic years of your course subject to scoring 60%, or above, and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year.
They are unable to accept applications for this scholarship from applicants for the following courses: Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- Drake University Bachelors Scholarships Programme
- Fairer Future Global Scholarship for International Students
- Kumi University Full Scholarship Programme for Students
- HAW Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students
More Information About Award Criteria
The merit scholarship is not applicable during any required or elective study abroad terms or any years spent working in the industry as part of your degree.
You will no longer be eligible to earn a merit scholarship if you are chosen for one and do not comply with the requirements of the course offer.
If you are given a merit scholarship and decide to switch to a new degree program and start over at level 1, you risk losing your scholarship.
If you change your degree program during your studies and transfer to the concurrent academic year e.g year 1 BA English to year 2 BA English Literature and Language, subject to the eligibility and award criteria you may continue to receive a merit scholarship.
The duration of the merit scholarship is limited to four academic years. Years spent working in the sector or overseas are not included.
There is no cash substitute; the scholarship will only be used as a tuition fee decrease.
The scholarship committee’s decision is final. No appeals of scholarship decisions will be taken into consideration.
All of the university’s choices are made in good faith, but if a scholarship is given based on expected grades and you don’t get those marks but are still allowed to enroll in the university, the university reserves the right to take away the scholarship.
You will lose your eligibility for a merit scholarship if you are chosen for one and then join the university through clearing.
This scholarship cannot be postponed to a subsequent entering year. You will lose this award if you decide to wait to enter this year.
The award is not available for any study-intercalating years.
The equivalent amount of the scholarship will be given to part-time students, pro rata over the course of one full academic year.
If you are given the scholarship, we will need you to confirm your acceptance by a certain deadline in order for us to make the scholarship offer official.
- A sponsored student is one who receives a total amount of monies that, before any scholarships, discounts, or awards are applied, equals or surpasses the initial tuition rate charged by the university.
- International, national, or regional governments or governmental organizations; research councils; nonprofits; for-profit companies; or organizations of the same nature.
- Applications will open in late November 2023.
- The deadline to apply is Monday 24 April 2023 at 13:00 (UK time).
- Scholarship winners will be announced on Wednesday 17 May 2023 by 16:00 (UK time).
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.