How to Turn Off Airpod: By turning your wireless Apple earphones off while not in use, you can prolong their battery life. Although AirPods and the Charging Case have no physical buttons, it is still possible to switch them off and increase their battery life.
How to prolong the life of your AirPods’ battery is covered in this article. Instructions are applicable to AirPods Pro, AirPods with wireless charging case, and AirPods (1st generation).
How to Completely Turn Off Airpods
AirPods depend on their own battery power and occasionally require charging, unlike corded Earphones that may take power from an iPhone.
When you remove your AirPods from your ear, they immediately pause, but they are still on and consuming battery power.
As a result, we’ve listed below two distinct ways to prolong the life of your AirPods’ battery by turning them off when not in use.
1. Set Automatic Ear Detection to on.
The majority of users typically take their earphones out and store them somewhere while they are not listening to music or podcasts.
However, taking out AirPods just pauses them; it does not turn them fully off.
Fortunately, you may activate the iPhone’s “Ear-Detection” feature to guard against battery life loss caused by this widespread practice:
- Tap Bluetooth under Settings on your iPhone.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on, then scroll down to the “My Devices” section and tap the I symbol next to Your-AirPods on the next screen.
- On the following screen, flip the toggle to the ON position to activate Automatic Ear Detection.
Note that if the sole choice on this screen is “Forget Device,” your AirPods are not linked to your iPhone.
Your AirPods will turn off automatically when you are not wearing them and when they are removed from the charging case once the Ear Detection feature has been enabled on your iPhone.
- Why Do my Airpods Keep Disconnecting
- Why Won’t my Airpods Connect
- How to Connect Airpods to Dell Laptop
- How to Turn off Announce Messages on Airpods
2. Set up Double Tap
If you use AirPods consistently throughout the day, you can set the double-tap feature to turn them off when you double-tap on them.
- Select “Settings” > “Bluetooth” and then tap the I icon next to Your-AirPods.
- Choose the Left or Right AirPod on the following screen.
- Select the OFF radio button on the following screen.
After that, you can double-tap on the left AirPod to turn it off it.
FAQs on How to Turn Off Airpod
1. How do I Manually Turn off my AirPods?
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth > tap on (i) icon located next to Your-AirPods.
- On the next screen, select either Left or the Right AirPod.
- On the next screen, tap on the OFF option.
2. Do AirPods say Power Off?
While you may expect to hear a tone from AirPods Pro when the battery is low, and another tone just before they turn off, they won’t announce that they are powering off. To ensure you receive a genuine Apple battery during a battery replacement, we recommend visiting an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
3. How do you Turn Off Earbuds?
There are several ways to turn your earbuds off.
- Place the earbuds in the charging case to turn them off.
- Turn the individual earbuds on or off by pressing and holding the Multi-function button on the right earbud, or the Volume down button on the left earbud, until the LED flashes green (on) or red (off).
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.