How to Reply to a Message on Instagram: In Instagram DMs, especially in sizable group messaging, it’s quite simple to lose context. By explicitly replying to a particular message, you can provide some clarity. Here’s how to reply instantly to messages sent to you using Instagram on your phone or computer.
The cross-platform messaging upgrade for Instagram includes a feature that allows users to reply directly to a particular message. You may activate the functionality from the app’s Settings menu if you don’t already have it.
Users can reply directly to specific messages from a certain sender on all popular messaging apps. That’s useful as it can help you avoid confusion when responding to an older message—not the last one sent.
This functionality can significantly help in group chats. Instagram was a bit late to roll out such a feature.
How to Reply to a Message on Instagram
This article explains how to use the direct messaging feature and reply to time-specific messages from any sender on Instagram using iPhone, Android, or a PC. In addition, you’ll see why you may be unable to use the new feature.
Using an iPhone
To reply to a specific Instagram message from an iPhone user in the list, take the following actions:
1. Tap the “Messenger” icon in the top-right corner of your screen from the stream.
2. From your messages, pick a private or group discussion.
3. Once you’ve located the particular message, swipe right on it, press the “respond” icon, and then enter your response. You can also type your response at the bottom while holding down the sender’s message.
4. The message from the sender is now shown above the text input field. After typing your response, tap “Send.”
5. To make it clear which message you are referring to in the conversation, whenever you choose to answer one, it appears in quotes. Otherwise, pressing reply first at the bottom sends your message by itself.
Using an Android Device
A unique Instagram message can be replied to similarly on Android and iPhone. You are given two choices. This is the procedure.
1. Tap the “Messenger” icon in the top right corner of the screen after opening your Instagram feed.
2. Locate the chat that includes the relevant message.
3. Tap and slide the message to the left until the right-facing curved arrow appears. If you try to grab the message from the far right side, a slideout with the message timings will appear.
4. The time-specific message, which in this case is “Ok,” is now visible above the message box.
5. Then hit “Send” after typing your response to that particular message. When you send a new message, the response to the previous one is also sent.
Using a PC
On Instagram, you can reply to a specific user’s message on the desktop app as well. Here’s how to reply to messages sent to you via Instagram on a computer.
1. On your computer, launch a browser and go to “Instagram.com.”
2. At the top of the screen, select the “Messenger” icon.
3. To find the message for your updated response, open the conversation.
4. The “horizontal dots” icon adjacent to the message should be clicked.
5. “Reply” is the option you should pick from the list.
6. Send your response by typing it in. Your message will include the message you responded to.
Your conversation with pals should be easier to understand now that you know how to reply to time-specific Instagram messages from a certain sender.
Make sure to enable automatic updates to keep your Instagram current. If the feature is unavailable in your region, keep checking.
- How to Clear Cache on Instagram
- How to Put Multiple Pictures on Instagram Story
- Change Instagram Background Images Without Covering Photos
- How to Unarchive a Post on Instagram and Make them Reappear
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you Reply to a Specific Message on Instagram iOS?
- From the feed, tap the “Messenger” icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select the private or group conversation from your messages.
- Swipe right on the specific message once you find it, tap the “reply” icon, then type your message.
2. How do you Reply to a Specific Message on Instagram?
Tap the “Messenger” icon in the upper right corner of the screen to see your Instagram feed. Look for the chat with the specific message. Swipe the message to the right until it appears above the text input box by tapping and holding it. Enter your response here.
3. How do I Connect Instagram to Messenger?
- On the Account Settings page, scroll down and find Accounts Center.
- It would open a login page where you need to enter your Instagram credentials to authenticate and link your account with Facebook Messenger.
- Press Continue and tap Yes, Finish Setup.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.