How to Make Google Maps Default on iPhone: The most popular map app in the United States is Google Maps, yet iPhone users are forced to use Apple Maps by default. You must be prepared to give up some things if you like Google Maps to be your iPhone’s default map app.
On the iPhone, there is, however, no ability to choose a default map program. While you can alter the iPhone’s other default apps, such as the web browser of your choice, Apple does not presently provide this feature for any iOS map apps, including Google Maps.
On iOS 14, How can I Set Google Maps as my Default App?
The only method to imitate having Google Maps as your default map app on iOS 14 is to utilize other Google apps as your default apps (assuming you don’t already use them).
Jailbreaking your iPhone isn’t advised and is against the terms of service for the iPhone.
Because Google’s apps are interoperable, you have a number of options when choosing Google Maps as your go-to map app.
The two most pertinent apps to use are Gmail and Chrome as your default email and Chrome for iOS, respectively.
How to Make Chrome Your Default Browser for Using Google Maps
In Chrome, you may access a location’s address in Google Maps by tapping on it.
1. Launch Settings.
2. Select Chrome from the list of programs by scrolling down.
3. If you do not already have it, download Chrome for iOS.
4. Click on Default Browser App.
5. Click Chrome.
6. Making Google Chrome the iOS default web browser.
You will now be prompted to choose between Apple Maps and Google Maps whenever you tap on an address in Chrome to reveal its position.
How to Set Gmail As Your Default Email App to Use Google Maps
If you wish to be able to open location addresses you receive by email in Google Maps, Gmail must be set as your primary email client.
1. Launch Settings.
2. Select Gmail from the list of apps by scrolling down.
3. Obtain Gmail for iOS if you don’t already have it.
4. Click on Default Mail App.
5. Click Gmail.
6. Making the iOS default mail app Gmail.
7. Leaving Settings, launch Gmail.
8. In the search bar’s upper left corner, tap the menu symbol.
9. At the very bottom of the menu, scroll down and select Settings.
10. Select Default applications.
11. Tap Google Maps under Navigate from your location, then tap it once more under Navigate between locations.
12. Setting the iOS Gmail app to use Google Maps as the default navigation software.
You will now be prompted to choose between Apple Maps and Google Maps anytime you touch on an address in a Gmail message.
- How to Fix iPhone Alarm not Going Off
- How to Use your New Alexa; Tips and Tricks
- How to Set and Change Alarm Volume on iPhone
- Why is my Alexa Blinking Yellow or Flashing Green
FAQs ON How to Make Google Maps Default on iPhone
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers for you:
1. Can you make Google Maps your Default Maps on your iPhone?
Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and tap Settings. On the Settings screen, tap the Default apps option. Under the Navigate from your location and the Navigate between location sections, tap to select Google Maps.
2. How do I make Google Maps My Default Map?
Step 1: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
Step 2: Open the Google Maps app.
Step 3: To find map layer options, in the top right, tap Layers.
Step 4: Select the type of map you want to use: Default: A simple road map view.
3. How do I make Google Default on iPhone?
Tap “Default Browser App”
Open the latest version of Chrome on your iPhone. Tap More on your screen, then Settings. In Settings tap Default Browser > Open Chrome Settings. Tap Default Browser App and select Chrome.
4. How do I change the Default Map App?
Here are Android’s instructions on how to choose a default app:
1. Open your phone’s Settings app.
2. Tap Apps. Default apps.
3. Tap the default that you want to change.
4. Tap the app that you want to use by default.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.