How to Link NIN To Airtel: If you are a Nigerian and using an Airtel line, you must now link your NIN. The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has previously ordered that all Airtel subscribers connect their SIM cards to their unique National Identification Number. Keep reading to see easy ways to activate your Airtel line.
This implies that failing to register with NIN will result in line blocking or disconnection, notwithstanding the massive public outrage over the policy’s unexpected announcement and short time limit for implementation.
For those who are unfamiliar with the term NIN, it stands for National Identification Number. This unique 11-digit number is only provided when you apply for a National Identity Card in Nigeria.
How to Link NIN to Airtel Sim in Nigeria
There are three ways to link your National Identification Number to your Airtel line. You can connect via the Airtel NIN Code, the Airtel NIN Portal, or the NIMC MobileID App.
These three strategies are explained in full further down:
Method 1: Link via Airtel NIN Code
*121*1# is the Airtel NIN code for connecting, and it only works for Airtel lines. Simply follow the instructions below to link your NIN if you already have one.
To link your National Identification Number (NIN) to Airtel, dial *121*1#. After that, you’ll be directly led to the site to enter your NIN, which you should do immediately to finish registration.
Method 2: Link via Airtel NIN Portal
- Go to airtel.com.ng/nin/.
- Enter your Airtel number, whether it’s a mobile number, a MiFi, a router, or an ODU.
- Then click Proceed, and finally confirm the OTP code.
- link NIN to Airtel
- Insert your National Identification Number and complete the form.
Method 3: Link via NIMC MobileID App
- MWS NIMC MobileID
If you’ve tried the techniques above and still don’t get a positive result, try the NIMC MobileID App.
To get an OTP for installing the Mobile ID app, you must have your National Identification Number (NIN) provided by the National Identity Management Commission or one of its approved agents, as well as a Mobile Number (which you used during NIN enrolment).
- What Does the Arrow Mean on iPhone
- How to Change Hotspot Name on iPhone
- How to Change Age on Tiktok if it is Incorrect
- Why is my Airpod Case not Charging: Here are the Reasons
Easy Steps to Link NIN to Airtel Phone Number
Follow the steps below to link your NIN to your Airtel phone number:
1. Dial *121# on the Airtel line to which you want to connect.
2. Enter 1 for “NIN Capture” and press submit.
3. Enter your 11-digit NIN and click the Send button.
4. Watch for the mail that confirms your submission. If you receive an error, simply wait a few moments and try again.
How to Retrieve Your NIN on Airtel
If you already registered but cannot recall your NIN, dialing *346# immediately from your phone will reveal it on your Airtel-powered device.
Please read this post on how to link your phone number(s) to your NIN using the NIMC MobileID App on Android or iOS devices to learn more about this technique.
We hope you found this information “How to Link NIN To Airtel” useful. In addition, we will continue to add material to this guide as needed, and we encourage you to return to this site to learn more in the event of an update. Also, share this article with your friends on your social platforms.