Have you been wanting to know How to Check NIN number or National Identification Number? If yes, here is the article for you as it answers and gives the solution to everything you need to get it done right. Keep reading!
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has issued a practical tutorial on how to verify your NIN by dialing a USSD code from your phone.
What is NIN (National Identification Number)?
The National Identification Number (NIN) is a series of numbers that is issued to an individual upon enrolment. Enrollment consists of recording an individual’s demographic data as well as capturing ten (10) fingerprints, a head-to-shoulder facial picture, and a digital signature.
However, these are all used to cross-check existing data in the National Identity Database to ensure that it has not previously entered the same data.
Once this (de-duplication) process is accomplished, the data is saved with a unique NIN given to it. Once granted, a person’s NIN cannot be used again (that is, it cannot be issued to another person even if the previous person is dead).
The NIN is used to verify identification and helps to tie all records about a person in the database.
- What Does the Arrow Mean on iPhone
- How to Change Hotspot Name on iPhone
- How to Change Age on Tiktok if it is Incorrect
- Why is my Airpod Case not Charging: Here are the Reasons
How to Check NIN number on the Phone Using the USSD code
If you have registered for the national ID card program, you can verify your NIN by dialing the suggested USSD on the phone number linked with your NIN registration. The NIMC USSD service allows you to effortlessly recover or verify your NIN using your cell phone.
Follow the steps below to check your NIN on your phone:
1. Enter or dial *346# into your phone dialer. 2. The prompt response will show two possibilities. “respond 1 for ‘NIN retrieval’ and 2 for ‘Cancel'”
2. Follow the procedures on your screen and provide the necessary information to obtain your NIN.
Please bear in mind that this service only costs N20 (twenty naira) (deducted from your phone credit balance).
Also, you can use the same procedure for MTN, Glo, Airtel or 9mobile network users, to check the NIN number.
How to Know if Your NIN Card is Ready
1. Visit the National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] website at www.nimc.gov.ng to see if your National Identity Number (NIN) card is ready.
2. Scroll down the webpage and click on ‘e-ID Card Status Portal’ to see if your card has arrived and is available for activation.
3. After that, enter your first and last name, as well as your NIMC check tracking ID, and click the ‘check now’ icon button.
We hope you found this information “How to Check NIN number” useful. In addition, we will continue to add material to this guide as needed, and we encourage you to return to this site to learn more in the event of an update. Also, share this article with your friends on your social platforms.