Do you want to know How to Check BVN? Did you know you can check your BVN from your phone? Some people may find it unusual, especially those who have been embarrassed by forgetting their BVN when needed. You no longer need to be concerned.
Read this article attentively to learn How to Check BVN and How to Check BVN Details Online. Fortunately, you don’t have to go inside the banking hall to get your BVN.
You may verify your BVN number on your phone from anywhere without jeopardizing your security. You may then store it for later use. This function is available to all Nigerian telecom companies.
What is BVN?
The BVN “Bank Verification Number” is comparable to a security number, except banks and other financial organizations use it to identify an individual’s bank account data. It is a one-of-a-kind 11-digit number assigned to you upon biometric registration.
Biometric registration is the identification of an individual based on physiological characteristics such as fingerprints, voice, facial traits, and so on.
To address the rising breach of customer security data such as passwords and PINs, as well as the issues banks confront with identity management, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), in partnership with all Nigerian banks, established the Bank Verification Number (BVN) on February 14, 2014.
The BVN has since been used to identify consumers. However, many people have difficulty acquiring their BVN and gaining access to banking services because they forget or don’t have them saved.
The BVN of a consumer is linked to the following biological characteristics:
- Facial photograph captured at the point of enrollment.
How to Check BVN: Benefits And Uses of BVN
Below are the benefits for users of the Bank Verification Number in Nigeria:
1. The unique BVN is recognized as a form of identification by all Nigerian banks.
2. BVN provides seamless identity verification and validation across multiple electronic platforms.
3. Financial companies may follow clients via BVN, particularly in loan repayment.
4. BVN restricts cyber fraud.
5. The BVN database is searched for relevant information about an individual, which is referred to as bio-data (it includes names, phone numbers, addresses, and dates of birth).
6. BVN aids in the reduction of queues in banking halls.
7 Banking operations have become more efficient as a result of standardization.
BVN Enrollment Process
The following is a step-by-step explanation of how to register for your Bank Verification Number in Nigeria. To receive a BVN, follow the procedures below:
1. Go to any of your bank’s branches.
2. Fill out and return the BVN Enrolment form.
3. Present yourself for data collection (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc.)
4. You will be sent an acknowledgment slip with the transaction ID.
5. Within 24 hours, the system approves your application, generates your BVN, and sends you an SMS with a pickup date.
- How to Check NIN Number
- How to Link NIN to Airtel
- What Does the Arrow Mean on iPhone
- How to Change Hotspot Name on iPhone
- How to Change Age on Tiktok if it is Incorrect
Check BVN on MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile
There’s no need to be concerned if you misplaced or forgot your BVN; Clacified gives a step-by-step tutorial for regaining or accessing your BVN whenever you want.
Follow the steps below to check or access your BVN on MTN, 9mobile, Airtel, and Glo:
1. Dial *565*0# from your mobile phone and sim card used for BVN enrollment.
2. Wait until your phone’s screen displays your phone number.
3. Finally, copy the BVN and keep it somewhere secure.
Cost of Checking BVN on MTN, Airtel, And Others
It cost the same to verify or access your BVN through a mobile phone across all networks such as MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile.
To obtain or check your Bank Verification Number, you will be charged at least N20.
BVN is a significant and helpful advancement in the banking business. It’s capacity to generate a unique identity for each consumer has minimized fraud and sped up loaning operations.
Hopefully, you’re now well-versed in the many methods for checking BVN data without having to enter a banking hall.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.