HAW Undergraduate Scholarship: Scholarships are offered by the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences to qualified international students pursuing Bachelor’s degrees. The good news is that, with the exception of professional Master’s programs, Hamburg universities do not charge tuition to national or international students because the City of Hamburg finances degree programs there.
Developing long-term solutions for the socioeconomic problems of the present and future. The Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg), the top applied sciences university in northern Germany in terms of reflective practice, aims to achieve this.
Their main concern is the standard of their instruction and degree programs. HAW Hamburg is concurrently enhancing its reputation as a research university.
HAW Undergraduate Scholarship
HAW Hamburg awards scholarships to qualified international Bachelor’s students in the third subject semester and to international Master’s students in the second subject semester.
The City of Hamburg donates money toward scholarships.
Scholarship Award: The excellence scholarships are awards of at least €1,800 and are granted for one semester.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
You can apply for an excellence scholarship if you fulfill the following criteria:
1. You are an international student at HAW Hamburg.
2. You obtained your higher education entrance qualification abroad or you have successfully completed preparatory studies at a German Studienkolleg.
3. You have completed at least two semesters (Bachelor’s students) or one semester (Master’s students) at HAW Hamburg and are still within the standard period of study (generelle Regelstudienzeit) of your degree course.
4. You are not receiving BAföG or other government funding.
5. Your average grade is at least 2.2.
- Bangor University Bachelors Scholarships
- PEO Postgraduate Scholarship Application
- James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships
- International Travel Scholarships and Grants
If you are applying for an excellence scholarship for the first time, you will need letters of recommendation from two instructors in your degree course.
Master’s students who have already received an excellence scholarship during their Bachelor studies are also required to submit two current letters of reference.
All other students who have already submitted two letters are not required to submit them again.
The following documents must be submitted with every application:
1. CV (max. 2 pages)
2. Certificate of enrolment from myHAW
3. Current transcript from myHAW with information about average grade and completed credit points
4. For students whose average grade and credit points are not listed in their transcript (this currently applies to all degree courses in the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, with the exception of Automotive Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering), the International Office will request the average grade and credit points from the FSB after the application deadline.
5. Copy of your residency permit (non-EU citizens) or a copy of your passport or personal ID card (EU citizens)
Application Submission and Contact Information
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, please upload them to the Application portal (Mobility Online) before the deadline.
Be sure to allow yourself enough time. Because they will inform you about the outcome of your application within four weeks after the deadline.
- [email protected]
- In-person office hours:
- 2nd floor/room 232
- Thursdays: 2:00–5:00 pm or by appointment
- Berliner Tor Campus
- Student Center
- 69 / Gebäude (Building) G
- 20099 Hamburg
- Summer semester: 30 March each year
- Winter semester: 30 September each year
Unfortunately, applications received after these deadlines cannot be considered.
Following a thorough evaluation of each application, points will be assigned based on the applicants’ average grades, the average amount of credits earned every semester, and letters of recommendation. The selection committee will use this ranking as a guide.
The student’s financial status and if they have already won the scholarship are two other factors that will be taken into account.
If a student has previously been awarded a scholarship, the committee will evaluate whether their performance has changed since their initial application.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.