Ghana National Petroleum Corporation scholarship application is currently ongoing and it’s for all who are Ghanaian citizen and are eligible to from the eligibility criteria in this article, carefully read to get the rightful information that you need for the application.
About Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC)
The government organization in charge of petroleum-related activities in Ghana is called the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC).
The Petroleum Department, a department of the Ministry of Fuel and Power, was replaced by the company in 1983.
For the Ghanaian economy, the department was in charge of importing crude oil and petroleum-based goods.
The Technical Directorate of the Ministry of Fuel and Power and the Geological Survey Department was believed to have the authority to conduct oil exploration.
The corporation was established to advance the government of Ghana’s goal of providing the nation with a sufficient and dependable supply of petroleum as well as the finding of crude oil inside its borders.
The scholarship can cover:
- Approved airfare to and from your home country to the country of study and back after your studies.
- Approved tuition fees
- Stipend (living allowance)
- Book Allowance
- One-time warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Dissertation allowance
Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location), where approved.
- Think for Yourself Scholarship
- Dr. Juan Andrade Scholarship Program
- Cyberbullying Prevention for Teens Scholarship
- Active Live Scholarship for Political Expression
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
1. Be Ghanaian
2. Study in areas such as Mathematics, Science, Technology, Engineering, or Special-needs education
3. Have obtained admission to undertake a master’s or PhD program
4. Hold a first degree of at least second-class upper (for Masters applicant), and relevant postgraduate qualification (for Ph.D. applicant)
5. Be a permanent resident in Ghana
6. Be available to start your academic studies by the start of the academic year you are applying
7. Not be pursuing a Ph.D. or Masters’s degree at the time of application
Applicants holding offers from Tuition free universities are highly preferable
- Accounting & Finance
- Architecture, Construction & Surveying
- Pharmacy & Life Sciences
How to Apply
They will also need to upload the following documents before application:
1. A Curriculum Vitae and list of publications (PhD applicants).
2. Copy of Passport biodata page
3. Letters of recommendation from home institution and company; The letter must be signed and on the institution letterhead.
4. Proposal (PhD applicants).
5. Letter of acceptance from the host institution.
6. Academic Certificates
7. National Service Certificate
Application Deadline: All applications should be submitted on or before 31st May.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.