If you are a candidate seeking Food and Nutrition NECO Questions and Answers for 2024, you have arrived at the right place as we will break them down for you. We will go further to show you how Food and Nutrition NECO Questions are set and the best way to answer for full marks.
The National Examinations Council is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January, respectively.
Food and Nutrition NECO Questions and Answers
1. A carbohydrate substance that forms the structure of plants that cannot be digested by the body but serves as a natural laxative is called
2. The building blocks of food that provide nourishment to the body is known as
3. How many calories of energy are released from 1 gram of protein?
4. Which of the following statements is true about nutrition?
A. Too much food is just as beneficial to health as too little
B. The science of the use of food by the body for growth, maintenance, and repair
C. Some nutrients are needed by everybody throughout life in the same amount
D. Most nutrients are best utilized alone
E. Food is made up of substances known as carbohydrates which are needed for various body functions
5. The part of a grain that contains starch is
6. The enzyme that initiates the breakdown of carbohydrates in the mouth is
7. Which of the following is a preservative food additive?
8. A good storage facility for fresh vegetables is
9. Why are food seasoning used during meal preparation? To
A. Reduce contamination.
B. Mask flavor.
C. Fortify the body against food poisoning.
D. Enhance taste.
E. Decrease palatability.
10. The following are factors that affect fetal health except maternal
- Physics NECO Questions and Answers
- Accounting NECO Questions and Answers
- NECO Tourism Questions and Answers
- Literature in English NECO Questions and Answers
11. The following are the responsibilities of a dietician except
A. Teaching communication skills to members of the community.
B. Providing nutritional counsel.
C. Evaluating client’s nutritional needs.
D. Educating the public on nutrition issues.
E. Conducting research on the effect of nutrition on health.
12. The medium in which food is stewed is
13. Watery stool is a symptom associated with
14. Veal is meat from young
15. A substance in yellow maize that is converted into retinol in the body is
NECO Food and Nutrition Theory Question Sample
Section A: Answer two questions from each section
1(a)i. Define the term ‘steaming’ in food preparation. (2 marks)
ii. Write two advantages and two disadvantages of steaming food. (4 marks)
1.(b)i. Mention two common accidents in the kitchen. (2 marks)
ii. Highlight two importance of oven gloves. (2 marks)
2. (a)i. Briefly explain the terms ‘reproductive health. (2 marks)
ii. Mention two importance of water in food digestion. (2 marks)
(b)Identify three common faults in the cake. (3 marks)
(c)Write three functions of the Independent Corrupt Practice and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC). (3 marks)
3. (a)Define the following terms:
i. food habit (2 marks)
ii. herbs (2 marks)
iii. spices (2 marks)
3. (b)i. Mention two characteristics of fresh eggs. (2 marks)
ii. State two uses of eggs in food preparation. (2 marks)
DISCLAIMER! These are not really Food and Nutrition NECO Questions and Answers but likely repeated questions over the years to help candidates understand the nature of their examinations. Ensure to take note of every question provided on this page.
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.