Federal University, Otuoke hereby announces the commencement of the sale of application forms for the undergraduate programmes listed below for this academic session. Below are the programmes approved by the NUC for the university.
FUO’s academic programmes started in earnest in 2012 with two Faculties: Science, and Humanities and Social Sciences.
The maiden matriculation was held in 2012 in the following eleven (11) programmes:
- English and Communication Studies
- History and International Relations
- Accounting and Finance
- Economics and Development Studies
- Sociology and Strategic Studies (all in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Mathematics with Statistics
- Computer Science and Informatics
- Physics with Electronics/Power (in the Faculty of Science).
Academic Programmes in FUO
Currently, The Federal University Otuoke operates Six Faculties and twenty-six fully accredited programmes viz:
Faculty Of Education
- Department of Business Education
- Department of Chemistry Education
- Department of History Education
- Department of Mathematics Education
- Department of Physics Education
Faculty Of Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering
- Department of Petroleum and Gas Engineering
Faculty Of Humanities
- Department of English and Communication Studies
- Department of History and International Studies
Faculty Of Management Sciences
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Banking and Finance
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Entrepreneurship and Marketing
Faculty Of Science
- Department of Biology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science and Informatics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Mathematics
Faculty Of Social Sciences
- Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Department of Economics and Development Studies
- Department of Political Science
A Postgraduate School has also been established with fully accredited programmes.
The Federal University Otuoke Postgraduate School offers courses leading to the award of postgraduate diploma, Master and Doctorate degrees in programmes in the Humanities, Management Sciences, Science and Social Sciences.
Admissions into Postgraduate Programmes
In line with the NUC Benchmark for Minimum Academic Standard (BMAS), which was approved by the Senate of the University in 2021.
Candidates seeking admission into any PG programme at FU Otuoke must fulfil the following general requirements in addition to the specific requirements for specific programmes in various
possess five (5) O/Level Credit passes in at least five subjects that must compulsorily include English Language and Mathematics irrespective of the course of study (Arts/Humanities or Sciences);
- At least a Third Class Degree in a related field
- HND holders with a minimum of Upper Credit from recognised institutions may also be considered.
Master Degree Programmes
- A First Degree in any recognised university with a grade not lower than Second Class Lower Division (2:2).
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Programmes
- A Master degree from any recognised university with at least 60% or CGPA not less than 4.00 on a 5-point scale, or at least 3.50 on a 4-point scale.
NOTE: NYSC discharge/exemption certificate is compulsory to qualify for admission into Postgraduate Diploma and Master Programmes at the Fu Otuoke.
- Best Science Courses to Study
- Federal Polytechnic Ilaro Courses
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education
- Taraba State Polytechnic Academic Programmes
FAQs About Federal University Otuoke
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers for you:
1. Is Federal University Otuoke still Giving Admission?
No! currently, the federal University Otuoke (Fuotuoke) Third Batch Admission List 2022/2023 Academic session is Not Yet Officially Out on jamb Caps.
2. Is Otuoke Post UTME Form Out for 2021?
The Federal University Otuoke (FUOTUOKE) is now selling the Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) screening application form for admission into its DEGREE PROGRAMMES for the 2021/2022 academic session.
3. Is Post Utme Form for Otuoke Out?
This is to inform the general public that the Federal University, Otuoke Post UTME Form for the 2022/2023 academic session is not out.
4. What are the Courses at Federal University Otuoke?
List of Degree Courses Offered in Federal University, Otuoke (FUOTUOKE):
- English Language and Communication Studies.
- History and International Studies.
- Economics and Development Studies.
- Sociology and Anthropology.
- Civil Engineering.
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering.
- Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
- Mechatronics Engineering.
5. Does Otuoke Accept Second Choice?
The answer is Yes. FUOTUOKE accept second-choice candidates. The Federal University Otuoke do offer admission to candidates who selected FUOTUOKE as their second-choice institution.
We believe this article was interesting and helpful kindly share it with family and friends via all social media platforms.