Federal Scholarship Board: The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is a Department of the Federal Ministry of Education headed by a Director, as the Secretary of the Board. It has no Governing Board as the name/nomenclature suggests. Read more to see more details.
The program focuses on a wide range of industries, including start-ups, innovation and creative industries, digital and technology, the green economy, financial services, key public and international development institutions, research and development, agriculture, real estate, construction, transportation, and health services. In other words, every organization has a place in this program.
- NNPC Chevron scholarship
- World Bank Scholarship
- Masters Degree Scholarships
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS)
The Mandate of the Federal Scholarship Board
The Mandate of The Federal Scholarship Board is as follows:
Policy Formulation- Development of periodic master plans for the equitable and efficient use of international and domestic scholarship and fellowship grants to qualified Nigerian undergraduate and postgraduate students. Consultation with state governments, foreign ministries, and other appropriate authorities and entities may be required at times.
Implementation of Federal Government policies and programs for awarding international and domestic scholarships to qualified Nigerian academics.
Implementation of the Federal Government’s commitments under the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and Multilateral (Commonwealth) Agreements on Scholarship and Fellowship grants to Nigeria.
Implementation of the Presidential Special Scholarship for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) and the New York State Service Corps EX-Corps Scholarship.
Data collection, compilation, analysis, publication, and distribution of data and other information about student issues, scholarship and fellowship awards in Nigeria.
Supervision and supervision of Federal Government Scholars’ activities at Tertiary Institutions both locally and internationally.
Annual Coordinating Committee Meetings of Secretaries of Federal and State Scholarship Boards are used to advise and coordinate state scholarship policies and programs.
More on Federal Scholarship Board
The Board operates under four (4) divisions as follows:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA);
- Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan; and
- General Duties
- Nigerian Awards;
FSBN Scholarship Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Nigerian award are as follows;
1. Applicants for postgraduate study must have a first degree with a second-class honours division. The applicant must be a full-time student in a federal or state university.
2. All other applicants (UG, HND, and NCE) must be full-time students in their second or higher year at a Federal or State University, Polytechnic, Monotechnic, or College of Education.
3. All undergraduate scholarship applicants (Physically challenged included) must have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 4.0 on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a seven (7) point scale.
4. All NCE and HND applicants must have a CGPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
1. The scholarship is valid in Nigeria and begins at the start of the academic term.
2. It may not be held concurrently with another Award, nor may it be used for part-time study.
3. Changing courses or institutions is not permitted while receiving the award.
Scholarship Field of Study
The field of study to be considered for the FSBN scholarship award are as follows;
- Entrepreneurial Studies,
- Environmental Sciences
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Science and Technology
Method of Application
It is strongly recommended that all qualifying candidates:
- www.education.gov.ng is the website of the Federal Ministry of Education.
- On the home page, click the Federal Scholarship Board ICON:
- Guidelines should be read.
- Fill out the online Application Form
- Create an examination slip.
- Double entries will be rejected!
Attach documents includes:
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- Current School’s Identity Card
NOTE: Come with one set of completed online printed forms at the venue of the interviews as scheduled below:
FSBN Scholarship Exam
Here is the procedure to check the date, time, and venue for the Federal Government Scholarship (FSBN);
- Visit the Federal Government Scholarship portal
- Enter your phone number or email address
- Type in your password
- Click on the LOGIN button
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Click on Print Confirmation
During the application, candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Candidates are advised to choose Computer Based Test Centre (CBT) very close to them;
- The registration portal will be opened from 9th May 2022 to 20th June 2022.
Official phone numbers/e-mail:
- Nigerian Award: 09154573973
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
We believe this article was helpful, if yes please don’t hesitate to share it with family and friends on the different social media platforms.