Emergency Bypass iPhone: Activate the Emergency Bypass setting on your iPhone for the people you want to be able to call, FaceTime, or message you while in Do Not Disturb mode. We’ll demonstrate how to carry it out.
They can call you even if you’re in DND mode if you enable Emergency Bypass for a particular contact. This function may be turned on independently for text messages, FaceTime calls, and phone calls.
Turn On the Emergency Bypass for the Phone
- And FaceTime Calls on iPhone
1. Launch the Contacts app on your phone first to allow others to bypass your iPhone’s DND settings.
2. Find and choose the individual you wish to add to your whitelist from the Contacts app. Click “Edit” in the top-right corner of the contact page.
3. At the top-right corner, click “Edit.”
4. Select “Ringtone” by scrolling down a little bit on the edit screen.
5. Hit “Ringtone” once.
6. Turn on the “Emergency Bypass” option at the top of the “Ringtone” page. Then click “Done” in the top-right corner.
Tip: Later, disable the “Emergency Bypass” option to turn off the feature.
7. After selecting “Emergency Bypass,” press “Done.”
The end of that. Now, even if you’ve chosen not to be disturbed, your chosen individual can still call you on the phone or FaceTime.
Activate Emergency Bypass for Text Messages on iPhone
Open the Contacts app on your iPhone first if you want certain people to text you while you’re in DND mode. Finally, locate and tap your contact.
1. Click “Edit” in the top-right corner of the contact page.
2. At the top-right corner, click “Edit.”
3. Tap “Text Tone” after a little descent on the edit page.
4. Toggle “Text Tone” on.
5. Enable the “Emergency Bypass” option at the top of the “Text Tone” page. After that, click “Done” in the top-right corner to save your changes.
Tip: In the future, simply disable the “Emergency Bypass” option to stop using the feature.
6. Select “Emergency Bypass,” then select “Done.”
Whether you’ve enabled it or not, your iPhone will now allow text messages from the designated contact. Do Not Interrupt mode. You’re all set.
- How to Reply to a Message on Instagram
- Why Does my Brightness Keep Going Down
- How to Delete Addresses on Amazon
- Weak Security Wifi: What it Means and How to Fix it
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you Set up an Emergency Bypass on iPhone?
Open the contact of the person. Tap ‘Edit’ in the upper-right corner. To bypass only calls from them, scroll down and tap the option for ‘Ringtone’. Then, enable the toggle for ‘Emergency Bypass’ and tap ‘Done’ in the upper right corner.
2. Where is Emergency Bypass on iPhone 7?
Open Contacts and select a contact. Tap Edit, tap Ringtone or Text Tone, then turn on Emergency Bypass.
3. How do you Set up an Emergency Bypass on iPhone 13?
There are many threads about this but no resolution. Emergency Bypass still works. To check to ensure that it is still activated, go to Contacts and select the contact that you are concerned with. Tap Edit in the upper right corner of the screen and then tap on Ringtone if you wish to get a bypass for phone calls.
4. Does Emergency Bypass work on Airplane Mode?
Airplane mode is a complete and total shut down of the ability to transmit signal, and therefore emergency calls and texts can’t be made or received while on Airplane Mode.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.