Dorben Polytechnic is a citadel of academic excellence. They have talented, gifted and committed lecturers, staff and students. Also, have the capacity and purpose to prepare their students for their chosen careers. If this is what you are in need of as an undergraduate, read on for more information.
Dorben Polytechnic (formerly Abuja School of Accountancy and Computer Studies-ASACS) has its main campus located in Garam, Niger State, Nigeria, and another campus just to the north in Suleja, Niger State.
It is usually addressed as Dorben Polytechnic (Bwari) Abuja, since it originally had its main campus in Bwari, Abuja (and which is where the process of accreditation started).
Privately owned, the polytechnic provides training leading to the award of National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) programs for students who intend to work as accountants, computer specialists, administrators, and managers.
Dorben Polytechnic, Abuja is a private tertiary institution accredited by the Federal Ministry of Education (FME) and the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) in Nigeria, West Africa.
Academic Courses and Programmes
They offer a range of courses and programmes in National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) Namely:
1. School of Engineering & Environmental Studies
- Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Estate Management
- Urban & Regional Planning
2. School of Business
- Business Administration & Management
- Mass Communication
- Office Tech. & Management
- Public Administration
3. School of Natural & Applied Sciences
- Computer Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Hospitality Management
- Science Laboratory Technology
4. Entrepreneurship & General Studies
- Centre for Entrepreneurship
- School of General Studies
Application Requirement and Guidelines
The Common Application is required for students applying to any or all of Dorben’s National & Higher National Diploma Programmes.
You’ll be able to choose the campus and the programs that you are interested in.
You will need:
- Online Application form
- A Non-refundable application fee. Students who are unable to pay the application fee can request a fee waiver.
- Secondary School O’Level Certificates (Minimum of five (5) credits on the required subject).
- Contact information for one guarantor (or two, maximum) who will complete the guarantor’s form.
- State of Origin Documents
- Court Affidavits on your required documents.
- Ramat Polytechnic
- Akwa Ibom Polytechnic Courses
- Federal Polytechnic Idah Programmes
- Lead City University Courses And Admission
Frequently Asked Questions About Dorben Polytechnic
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers for you:
1. How much are Dorben Polytechnic School Fees?
Dorben Polytechnic School Fees for Freshers 2022/2023 academic session:
Business Administration and Management – 76,000
Computer Engineering – 76,000
Computer Science – 76,000
Electrical / Electronic Engineering – 76,000
2. What is the Cut Off Mark for Dorben Polytechnic?
The cut-off mark for Dorben Poly is 120. This simply means that candidates that register Dorben Poly as their preferred choice of the institution must have scored at least 120 and above to be eligible to purchase Dorben Poly post UTME form and apply for admission into their selected course.
3. How Many Private Universities are in Abuja?
Five (5) private Universities accredited by NUC.
4. Is Eko City Polytechnic Accredited?
The Eko City Polytechnic has been officially accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) to give certificates for courses/programmes at the National Diploma and Higher National Diploma levels.
5. Is Uniabuja a Private University?
Easily the only public university in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), the University of Abuja was established in 1988, though academic activities began in the institution in 1990.
Please don’t hesitate to share this article with loved ones through any social media platform of your choice also, drop a comment below if you have any.