Davidson fellows scholarship is a prestigious scholarship for high-achieving students. They award $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000 scholarships to high-achieving students, 18 years old or under, who have completed a significant piece of work.
Scholarship Eligibility Assessment Partnership
The Davidson Institute and Northwestern University’s Center for Talent Development (CTD) have teamed to make the official practice SAT test powered by Khan Academy available to the public.
Any Davidson program, including the Young Scholars program, Davidson Academy, Davidson Academy Online, and the THINK Summer Institute at the Davidson Institute, can accept test results from this administration.
Only prospective Davidson program applicants are permitted to take these test administrations.
Students in grades 6 through 10 are eligible for this opportunity due to the eligibility tests that Davidson programs allow.
Test Administration Date:
- November 5, 2022 (Saturday) 8:00 AM Pacific
- December 3, 2022 (Saturday) 8:00 AM Pacific
NOTE: this test administration is not an official SAT and is not hosted by the College Board. These scores can be used for eligibility for Davidson Affiliated organizations or CTD programs, but are not guaranteed to be a substitute for SAT scores required by other programs requiring eligibility
1. Be 18 or younger as of the application deadline to be eligible.
2. Be a U.S. citizen residing in the United States, or a Permanent Resident of the United States residing in the United States, or be stationed overseas due to active U.S. military duty.
3. Have completed a significant piece of work in one of the submission categories.
4. Be able to demonstrate that the work is his or her own creation.
5. Be able to attend, with at least one parent or guardian, the awards reception. (Note: Travel and lodging expenses will be paid by the Davidson Institute.)
How to Apply for the Fellows Scholarship
Step 1: Eligibility and Deadline
To be eligible for consideration as a Davidson Fellow, applicants must:
- New for 2022: Teams of two are eligible!
- Be 18 or younger as of the application deadline to be eligible.
- Be a U.S. citizen residing in the United States, or a Permanent Resident of the United States residing in the United States, or be stationed overseas due to active U. S. military duty.
- There is no minimum age for eligibility.
- The 2022 application deadline has passed.
Davidson Fellows must be available to attend, with one parent or guardian, the awards reception and other recognition events to be held in September in Cambridge, Massachusetts. (Travel expenses and lodging will be provided by the Institute.)
Step 2: Review Category Requirements and Project Criteria
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of significant work. Significant work is an accomplishment that experts in the field recognize as meaningful and has the potential to make a positive contribution to society. Such work may be:
- An exceptionally creative application of existing knowledge
- A new idea with high impact
- An innovative solution with broad-range implications
- An important advancement that can be replicated and built upon
- An interdisciplinary discovery
- A prodigious performance
- Another demonstration of extraordinary accomplishment
Information for teams:
- Teams may be no more than two people.
- Both team members must be 18 or younger as of the application deadline of February 23, 2022.
- Both team members must attend any in-person awards events.
- Scholarship money will be split evenly between the two team members.
- As with solo submissions, two nominators are required.
Please note: Projects in the arts including photography, sculpture, film, visual, etc. are not eligible for consideration.
The Davidson Institute is looking for students whose projects are at, or close to, the college graduate level with a depth of knowledge in their particular area of study.
This scholarship is not geared toward students at the novice level. See specific Category Requirements Here Via this email [email protected]
- Dr Pepper Scholarship Giveaway for Students
- Boren Scholarship Programme Application Details
- FIU Scholarships for Graduates and Undergraduates
- Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Application Details
Step 3: Application Submission & Deadline
The first part of the application should be submitted as soon as possible. (The earlier you submit the initial component, the sooner your application can be granted, giving your nominators more time to complete their forms; see below for additional information.)
- The first section will ask you for the title and description of your project as well as the names and email addresses of your nominees. Your application will be returned back to you for completion if you leave any of these fields empty.
Your application will be held for evaluation after you have submitted the first part of it (1-2 business days).
Your nominators will automatically receive emails with a link to their Nominating Form once the first part of your application has been approved. You will be notified through email when you can proceed with the application.
- Emails confirming receipt will be issued to the applicant and nominators once their forms have been submitted.
Your parent will instantly receive the Parent Form once you have submitted all of your application paperwork, category requirements, and attachments (s). Please be aware that only ONE parent form is necessary. One parent form must be submitted for each team member if it is a team submission.
When all application materials have been submitted, including category requirements and attachments, parent form(s), and both nominating forms, your application will move from the “Received” queue to the “Completed” queue, and you will receive a confirmation of receipt of all application materials. (Please be patient, as the deadline approaches, this confirmation of receipt email takes a little bit longer to be sent.)
The deadline for receipt of all application materials is February 23, 2022, at noon, Pacific time.
Step 4: Review Process and Notification
Each contribution is checked for correctness and completeness. An impartial panel of judges made up of experts in related fields, sorts and judges the qualified entries according to category. To further aid in determining the merits of each submission, the judging panel may, at their sole discretion, confer with other specialists.
Davidson Fellows will be chosen by the impartial panel of judges, who will also choose whether they will earn a $10,000, $25,000, or $50,000 scholarship. Scale for Judges’ Project Selection (PDF)
All applicants are notified on or before July 15 each year.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
The Davidson Fellows Scholarship Program does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, or disability.
1. What Dates can I Register for?
This Davidson-specific testing opportunity is limited to the dates listed at the top of this page. We have worked with CTD to establish a remote, online testing environment that is in line with the testing and eligibility requirements of Davidson programs. As a result, we will only be accepting CTD Khan SAT program results from Davidson-specific testing dates.
2. How Much Does Test Registration Cost?
Test registration is $50.
3. My student is not in 6th grade yet. Can they register for the test?
Due to the eligibility testing accepted by Davidson programs, this opportunity is open to students currently in 6th-10th grades. Currently, we do not have a specific Davidson-hosted testing opportunity for younger students.
Should that change, information will be posted on the website. In the meantime, you can learn more about the other accepted testing options by checking the admissions page of the Davidson program(s) you’re interested in.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.