Coolidge Scholarship: The annually awarded Coolidge Scholarship is a complete presidential scholarship that pays for four years of undergraduate education in addition to tuition, living expenses, and books.
Recipients may use The Coolidge at any US institution or university that is accredited. Anyone from any background and studying in any academic field is eligible to apply to this nonpartisan initiative, which disregards financial need.
Coolidge Scholarship Application
During their junior year of high school, applicants submit a Coolidge Scholarship application. The Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont, hosts a finalist weekend where finalists are flown in for an interview with the Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury.
The Coolidge Scholarship recipients are informed of their prize late in their junior year, prior to submitting a college application (note: current high school seniors are not eligible to apply).
A smaller, one-time college scholarship is available to finalists who are not chosen Coolidge Scholars.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
2023 Coolidge Scholarship applicants must intend to enroll full-time at an accredited U.S. college or university as an undergraduate for the first time in fall 2024.
That is to say, students in their junior year of high school, or the equivalent if homeschooled, are eligible to apply.
(Students who are currently high school juniors but take some courses at a local college are indeed eligible to apply for the Coolidge Scholarship.)
2023 Coolidge Scholarship applicants must be citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States of America by the 2023 scholarship deadline.
2023 Coolidge Scholarship applicants cannot be the immediate family member of any current employee or trustee of the Coolidge Scholars Program or the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation.
- Udacity Scholarship for Young Africans
- UK Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- International Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- Scholarships in Nigeria for Undergraduate Applications
1. Please include the first and last name of the applicant in the first paragraph of your letter.
2. Please include your full name and affiliation at the end of the letter.
3. Please state how you know the applicant, for how long you’ve known the applicant, and in what capacity.
4. Your letter should be as specific as possible, providing relevant examples and other information that will be helpful to demonstrate to the Coolidge Scholars Program why the applicant is a worthy candidate.
Please refer to coolidgescholars.org for more information about the Coolidge Scholarship and the selection criteria that will be considered when evaluating applicants.
5. Your letter should be no longer than 1,200 words in length.
6. Co-written letters or letters signed by multiple individuals are not allowed.
7. Your letter may be submitted as either a PDF file or a Microsoft Word file.
To submit your letter of recommendation please follow these steps:
1. When you receive an automated email from the Coolidge Scholarship, indicating that a student has listed you as a reference, click on the link given in the email.
2. Complete the subsequent form and upload your letter into the form.
3. To upload your letter, first, save it on your computer as a Microsoft Word or PDF file. Then, click the “+Select a file” button towards the bottom of the form. This will bring up a pop-up window that allows you to select the file to upload from your computer.
4. Complete the rest of the form and click the “Submit” button.
The 2022-2023 Coolidge Scholarship application (open to high school juniors who will be graduating in the spring of 2024) is not yet live. The application will open sometime in the fall of 2022.
2023 Selection Timeline
Fall 2022: Application opens for the 2023 Coolidge Scholarship. Only current high school juniors (i.e. students who intend to enroll in college full-time for the first time in the fall of 2024) are eligible to apply.
TBD: Application Deadline – In order for an application to be considered, all application materials, including the two letters of reference, must be submitted by the deadline.
By Summer 2023: All applicants will be notified of their outcomes. Applicants can check their outcome by logging into their application portal.
Applicants who are named finalists will be contacted directly by phone and invited to Finalist Interview Weekend, which takes place in Woodstock, Vermont, and historic Plymouth Notch, Vermont.
The Coolidge Foundation will cover the travel and lodging costs for finalists and one parent to attend the Finalist Weekend.
Summer 2023: Newly selected Coolidge Scholars will spend an orientation week at the Coolidge Foundation in Plymouth Notch, Vermont.
- Fully Funded Commonwealth Scholarship
- Canadian Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- SEPLAT Scholarship Undergraduate Application
- Smysor Scholarship Windsor Illinois: How to Apply
1. How do you get a Calvin Coolidge Scholarship?
Students apply for the Coolidge Scholarship during their junior year of high school. Finalists are flown in for a finalist weekend at the Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont where they interview with the Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury.
2. Is Coolidge College real?
Central Arizona College is a public institution in Coolidge, Arizona. It has a total enrollment of 5044. The school utilizes a semester-based academic year. The student-faculty ratio is 17-to-1.
3. Is it Hard to Win the Coolidge Scholarship?
The Coolidge Foundation’s scholarship is selective and prestigious, and while it is a great honor to receive it, hard work and academic excellence are required for serious consideration.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.