Commonwealth Scholarship 2022: Several prominent UK universities have partnered with Commonwealth to grant scholarships. The UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) provides funding for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships, which are designed for students who would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK but who are talented and motivated.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are intended for applicants from the least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth nations who wish to enroll in full-time Master’s programs at UK universities on a variety of topics.
Commonwealth Scholarship Eligibilities
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
1. Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
2. Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
3. Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2022
4. By September 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honors standard, or a lower second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
5. Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
6. Be unable to afford to study at a UK university without this scholarship
7. Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
Aim of CSC( Common Service Center) in this Scholarship
1. The CSC aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make a change. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates. For further information on the support available to candidates with a disability, see the CSC disability support statement.
2. The CSC is committed to administering and managing its scholarships and fellowships in a fair and transparent manner. For further information, see the CSC anti-fraud policy and the guidance on reporting fraud.
3. The CSC is committed proactively to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our beneficiaries, and to protecting its staff, Commissioners, beneficiaries, and all those with whom the CSC comes into contact.
4. The CSC requires staff, members of the Commission, applicants for and recipients of CSC awards, and suppliers to act consistently with its requirements for safeguarding.
5. Applicants should note the CSC’s Safeguarding Policy which sets out the obligation for staff, members of the Commission, applicants for and recipients of CSC awards, and suppliers to act consistently with its requirements for safeguarding.
- KDSG Scholarship and Eligibility
- Federal Government Scholarship
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada
- List of Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
Scholarship Requirements: Supporting documentation
For consideration, your application must be submitted by the deadline with the supplemental materials listed below:
1. Authentication of citizenship or refugee status in a Commonwealth nation: a copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) displaying your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship uploaded to the online application system
2. Full transcripts with all of your higher education credentials, including the most recent transcripts for any degrees you may be pursuing, must be uploaded to the online application system with certified translations if your native language is not English.
3. Outside of the online application system, supporting documents cannot be sent to the CSC.
4. You must also provide the names and contact details of three referees who will be contacted in advance of the placement stage, should your application be under consideration for a scholarship.
Please Note: that the CSC does not charge candidates to apply for any of its scholarships or fellowships through its online application system, and it does not charge organizations to nominate candidates.
How to Apply
You must register for one of the following authorized courses at a UK university that is a participant in order to be eligible for your scholarship.
You can apply for more than one degree and more than one university through the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme, but you can only accept one offer of a Shared Scholarship. Please be aware that these grants are not eligible for undergraduate or Ph.D. study; they are only available for Master’s programs.
You must be admitted to your course in addition to submitting an application for a Shared Scholarship. For information about the university’s specific application requirements, admission requirements, and deadlines, please get in touch with that institution.
In addition to any other applications that your nominating body may require you to submit, you must submit your application through the CSC’s online application system. Applications not submitted using the online application system will not be accepted by the CSC.
Application Deadline: October 18, 2022.
- OPM Scholarship
- Fully Funded DAAD Scholarship
- UNICAF Scholarship And Eligibility
- Successful Motivation Letter for Scholarship
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates to be awarded Commonwealth Shared Scholarships.
Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC in March 2022. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme.
Universities will inform candidates of their results by July 2022. Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
FAQs on Commonwealth Scholarship 2022
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers about Commonwealth Scholarship 2022 for you:
1. Is Commonwealth Scholarship Out?
All those who applied for 2022/2023; Commonwealth Scholarship and are shortlisted are to note that the scholarship result is not yet out.
2. How Hard is it to get a Commonwealth Scholarship?
As an experienced education agent, we understand that to be a Commonwealth Scholar is tough but not impossible. As one of the major selection criteria for commonwealth scholarships is academic merit; you must have the minimum eligible score to apply for the scholarships.
3. Who is Eligible for Commonwealth Scholarship?
To apply for a Commonwealth Scholarship, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of a Commonwealth country. You will still be eligible if you are a refugee or British-protected person. You also need to have an undergraduate honors degree of at least upper second class (2:1).
4. How Competitive is Commonwealth Scholarship?
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship is highly competitive and one of the most prestigious master’s scholarships attainable in the United Kingdom. It is jointly funded by the UK government through the Department for International Development (DfID) and participating UK higher institutions.
5. How do I Apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships?
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in Sep/Oct 2023; Hold a first degree of *at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.