The Buick Achievers Scholarship program is awarded to students who have an interest in studying science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), to help them excel in the classroom and give back to their communities. Special consideration is given to students who are female, minorities, first-generation college students, military veterans, and military dependents.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship is open for high school seniors, high school graduates, or current post-secondary undergraduate students.
The Scholarship program is proudly funded by the GM Foundation.
About Buick Achievers Scholarships Program
More than $38 million in scholarships have been given to 3,450 students through the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program, which is supported by the General Motors Foundation since it began in 2011.
50 scholarships worth up to $25,000 each will be given out this year as part of the initiative, which is renewable for up to four years (or five years for eligible engineering programs).
The territory of Puerto Rico must be enrolled in a STEM-related college program or choose one of the STEM-related fields to qualify.
High school graduates or current undergraduate students who live in the U.S. or the U.S.
Buick Achievers Scholarship Program Worth
The Buick Achievers Scholarship is a cash award worth $25,000 that is granted to successful applicants.
About 50 students get the grant, which is renewable for four years with an additional year for engineering students.
The money can be used by winners for tuition, books, and other educational costs.
About General Motors (GM) Foundation
The GM Foundation has given hundreds of millions of dollars to American charities, educational institutions, and international relief initiatives since it was established in 1976.
The GM Foundation supports programs that promote community development, health, human services, education, and the environment, mostly in the areas where GM works.
The only source of funding for the GM Foundation is GM. The GM Foundation received its final donation in 2001.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program, the applicant must;
1. Be a United States Citizen and in addition have a permanent residence in the States or Puerto Rico
2. Be a high school senior, high school graduate, or university undergraduate. High school juniors are in no way allowed to apply.
3. Have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0(for current university undergraduates only. The GPA specified above only serves as a benchmark for the application. Having a higher one gives a better chance of securing the scholarship.
4. Be ready to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Design related courses or programs
5. Plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate program in any college or university located in the United States or Puerto Rico. Online and Proprietary institutions are not accepted at all.
6. Be ready to pursue a career in the automotive or related industries after the completion of the program.
- League of Legends Scholarship
- Loblaw Scholarship Program
- Virginia Tobacco Scholarship and Grant Program
- Cyberbullying Prevention for Teens Scholarship Program
How to Apply for Buick Achievers Scholarship
To apply to The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program, you must first register as an applicant on the scholarship website.
Then, activate your account by accessing your email, then complete the application by providing information about yourself and your academic achievements.
The deadline for application for the Buick Achievers Scholarship is February 27 yearly.
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.