Borno State Scholarship is to assist dependent Indigenous citizens of the state in furthering their education both locally and internationally. The Scholarship Board will assist students who have begun their programs but are experiencing financial difficulties, as well as students who have gained admission but are unable to fund their studies.
Borno State scholarship for 2022 is now open, and applicants who are interested must fulfill specific requirements before being awarded a scholarship, while applicants who must apply must have all the required documents before submitting their application online.
- NNPC Chevron scholarship
- World Bank Scholarship
- Masters Degree Scholarships
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS)
About Borno State Scholarship
The Borno State Scholarship is part of the government’s social welfare and collaborative obligation to the indigenous peoples of Borno. The Borno State Government normally provides the Bursary.
This grant is intended to help young students at educational institutions, particularly those with little financial means to support their academic pursuits. Many students have benefited from the Borno State Scholarship Program over the years.
As a means of assisting applicants and reducing illiteracy in the state, the Borno State Scholarship Board awards a number of scholarships to its citizens on a yearly basis.
This helps to increase the rate of literacy in the state, and applicants benefit from this scholarship without having to worry about their tuition fees throughout their study period.
Benefits of Scholarship
- The successful applicant receives fully funded scholarships.
- The scholarship is renewable each year.
- After graduation, applicants with high CGPAs are eligible for job possibilities.
Requirements for Borno State Scholarship Scheme
A list of requirements will be shown below:
1. The first requirement for eligibility for the scholarship grant is that you must be a Borno State native.
2. You must be a student at a recognized institution.
3. You must have a decent academic record.
4. Students at higher education institutions such as universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education are all expected to achieve a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
5. Eligible applicants will be subjected to a screening process in which their credentials will be confirmed.
6. First-Year Living Certificate (FSLC).
7. Origin Certificate
8. A statement of results showing your CGPA (for University/Polytechnic/College/School of Nursing students, for example).
List of Eligible Local Government Areas in Borno State
- Bama, Borno
- Bayo, Nigeria
- Biu, Nigeria
- Jere, Borno
- Kaga, Nigeria
- Kwaya Kusar
- Marte, Borno
- Shani, Nigeria
Many prospective candidates were unaware that they may be direct beneficiaries of this plan both within and outside of the nation. All you have to do is to be a native of the state.
How to Apply for Borno State Scholarship 2022
Below are the steps on how to apply for Borno State Scholarship:
1. Visit their official website.
2. Press the Apply button.
3. Choose the type of scholarship for which you want to apply.
4. When making an account, check sure your email address is correct.
5. A confirmation link will be emailed to your email address to authenticate the account. When you click on the confirmation link, you will be sent to the login page.
6. Enter your email address and password in the relevant login fields.
7. After logging in, you will be brought to the payment page. You may make your payment there.
More Steps on How to Apply
8. After making your payment, you will be able to view the application form.
9. The application is divided into phases. Complete each level by entering the required information. After every stage, click on save and proceed to the next stage
10. In the first stage, you will be requested to upload and download a current passport photo. Remember to keep all of your documentation close to reaching.
11. The next step is for you to enter your academic information.
12. At the next level, you will be asked to give employment information if you work. This level, however, can be bypassed if you are not formally employed.
13. You will then be requested to submit your bank information.
14. You will then be requested to give the names and contact information for two references to stand in your place.
15. You will then be taken to the upload page, where you must submit scanned copies of your admission letter, indigene certificate, and school ID.
16. It is recommended that you go back and reread what you have entered before clicking the submit button. You can submit it after you are certain that everything is in order.
17. Keep in mind that your application will be subjected to a series of evaluations. As a result, be certain that all of your information is correct.
18. Finally, you must send your printed application form to the Borno State Scholarship Board, together with your admission letter, school ID, and Indigene certificate.
Once the scholarship application form is available, the deadline for applications will be announced. Visit https://bornostate.gov.ng/ for more details about the scholarship grant. The forms will be available on the previously stated scholarship webpage.
We believe this article was helpful, if yes please don’t hesitate to share it with family and friends on the different social media platforms.