Art Scholarships: Around the world, there are several scholarships for art students, including grants for studying fine art, design, fashion design, and graphic design. Read on for more details because we have a lot of them detailed here.
Finding all the appropriate chances is the first challenge to getting a scholarship, thus we have compiled a list of art scholarships offered globally to make the process a little bit simpler.
If none of the art scholarships listed here are appropriate for you, searching for scholarships on the websites of the colleges you want to attend is a great place to start.
List of Arts Scholarship
At various course levels, there are grants and scholarships available worldwide for the arts. For international students majoring in art, college scholarship programs and scholarships typically cover tuition prices, travel expenses, and other allowances.
1. Chase AHRC Studentship
Scholarships for the visual arts, media, film, and other arts and humanities fields are available to UK and EU students to study at specific liberal arts colleges and universities in the UK. These scholarships are financed by the AHRC.
Outstanding graduates are encouraged to apply for up to 56 Arts and Humanities Research Council Ph.D. studentships, which will be available starting in October 2023, from the Consortium for the Humanities and the Arts South-East England (CHASE).
The Value and Benefits of a CHASE studentship
1. Full- or part-time funding to cover fees and living costs
2. Additional funds are available for skills development, including language training.
3. Support with research expenses, including fieldwork.
4. Possibility of extending your studentship for up to six months, for training or research needs.
5. Opportunity to undertake a funded placement as part of your doctoral training
6. Priority access to training programs, and support for student-led training and events.
7. Participation in a dynamic, inclusive, and interdisciplinary consortium of researchers.
2. Cynthia and Alan Baran Fine Arts and Musical Scholarship Fund
Students pursuing a BFA, BA in Studio Art, MA in Fine Arts, or MFA in Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Ceramics, Photography, or Printmaking, as well as those pursuing a BA or MA in Music, must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher to be eligible for this grant.
3. Florence Lemke Memorial Scholarship In Fine Arts
This award is given to graduating high school seniors in Washington State who are the child, grandchild, or great-grandchild of a veteran. It is sponsored by the American Legion Auxiliary, Department of Washington. Candidates must earn a fine arts degree. Grant of $1,000 US.
- Folds of Honor Scholarship for Military and First Responders
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund Application Process
- ESA Scholarship Program for the Youth Application Details
- List of Fully Funded Scholarships for Masters Degrees
4. Courtauld Postgraduate Scholarships
Scholarships for graduate art students to attend the MA, Ph.D., or conservation programs at the Courtauld Institute of Art in London, United Kingdom.
When it is possible, the Courtauld Institute of Art is happy to be able to offer scholarships and bursaries to postgraduate students.
Decisions are made based on factors such as academic merit and financial necessity, and applications are very competitive. In 2021/22, postgraduate scholarships were given out on average for £6,000.
Please click the link below for further information on how to apply if you want to be considered for a postgraduate scholarship.
If you have any questions regarding your Courtauld Scholarship application please contact us at [email protected]
5. Art, Fashion, and Textiles Scholarships at RMIT University
Students at ARC Approved™ art academies and ateliers receive $31,000 in direct grants from the ARC Scholarship Fund.
Several coursework grants are available for RMIT University students pursuing degrees in art, fashion, or textiles, including those who are overseas students.
The McCraith Scholarship in Fine Art, worth up to AUD$7,000, is available to full-time Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) students who can demonstrate disadvantage.
6. Art and Design Scholarships at UNSW
Various art scholarships for students of all levels enrolled at the University of New South Wales, Australia, in the department of art and design.
Includes the Viktoria Marinov Scholarship for female artists to help those under 35 to undertake postgraduate research studies. International students are eligible.
7. Wendy Jackson Hall Memorial Scholarship
The Wendy Jackson Hall Scholarship Fund has been established in Wendy’s memory to support others whose creativity and love of the arts leads them to pursue an education in the visual arts and to share this love with the larger community.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
1. be a graduating high school senior from a Washington state public high school
2. demonstrate artistic talent in the visual arts
3. have a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
4. show a love of the arts and a desire to encourage artistic endeavors within the general community
5. be accepted into a visual art program (see more info below) of an accredited, nonprofit, four-year U.S. college or university
6. intend to enroll as a full-time student in the academic year following high school graduation
7. provide evidence of the financial need
8. be a participant in the Federal Student Aid program (FAFSA)
- Easy Scholarships for College and High School Students
- ASU Scholarships Programme for International Students
- Chick-fil-A Scholarships Programme Application Details
- FAFSA Grants|Federal Student Aid Application Details
8. FIDM National Scholarship Competition
US design scholarships from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM). Open to US citizens enrolling in fashion design, interior design, graphic design, visual design, or digital media at the FIDM in Los Angeles.
9. Gucci Changemakers scholarship
Created to ensure a new era of diverse and exceptional young people gain opportunities in the fashion industry.
Scholarships will be awarded for up to $20,000 for each scholarship recipient and are open to students from design, marketing, art, film, communications, merchandising, and other related creative and business fields.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.