Arrell Food Institute Scholarships Programme Application Details
Arrell Food Institute Scholarships are currently accepting applications for scholarships for graduate students beginning their studies in the Fall 2023 semester. Keeping reading to get more information and be a part of this scholarship.
Arrell Food Institute Scholarships
The Institute is looking for young academics who are passionate about ensuring that future generations are fed, that diets are healthy and equitable, and that agriculture is sustainable in addition to having great academic credentials.
In addition to their graduate research, selected candidates will serve as team leaders on multidisciplinary graduate student teams that will collaborate with specialists from the University of Guelph’s Arrell Food Institute to address global food concerns.
Scholarship Value & Duration
- Master’s – $50,000 per year for up to 2 years (6 semesters)
- Doctoral – $50,000 per year for up to 4 years (12 semesters)
For the term of the award, the scholarship will be applied to the recipient’s student account in three equal payments each year.
A one-semester extension may be granted in extreme cases, with the Arrell Food Institute’s consent.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Students with a minimum first-class (A-) admissions average who are starting a graduate program in the Fall semester after the application deadline, whose research ties in with the goals of the Arrell Food Institute, and who have the backing of a potential University of Guelph faculty advisor.
Students may be permitted to defer the start of the award in extreme cases with the permission of their graduate program and the Arrell Food Institute.
Please refer to the OGPS admissions website for information on how to calculate your admission average.
- Abel Visiting Scholar Program for Mathematicians
- ICIPE PhD Scholarships Program Application Details
- Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program for Students
- The Bartlett Promise Scholarship Programme for Students
All application materials will be screened before being reviewed by a scholarship selection committee based on the following criteria:
- Outstanding academic achievement;
- Relevance of proposed research and personal motivation to the vision of the Arrell Food Institute;
- Demonstration of commitment to public engagement, as evidenced in the CV; and
- Interview with the scholarship selection committee for those applicants.
What is in an Arrell Scholarship application?
To be considered for an Arrell Scholarship, applicants must submit an application to a graduate program at the University of Guelph and an Arrell Scholarship Application.
Part 1: Submit a Complete Application for Admission to a Graduate Program (including all required supporting documents) for Fall 2023 by the deadline:
A plan of research that is in line with the goals of the Arrell Food Institute must follow an application for admission to a graduate program at the University of Guelph in order to be considered for an Arrell Scholarship (e.g. food security, plant science, consumer behavior, diet, and nutrition, etc.).
- Please visit the website for Prospective Students for a list of the many graduate programs offered as well as information on graduate application procedures.
- Questions about graduate program applications should be directed to the Graduate Program Assistant of the applicant’s chosen program.
- Graduate application requirements can differ between programs;
It is encouraged that applicants get in touch with the department of their choice to find out what supporting documents are needed for their program.
The graduate program application must be fully completed by the deadline listed above to be eligible for consideration, including all required supporting documents.
It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure that their graduate application is complete.
Part 2: Submit a complete Arrell Scholarship Application by the deadline. A complete Arrell Scholarship application consists of the following items:
A statement of research interests and personal motivations (maximum 2 pages, references not included);
A current CV;
A letter of support from a prospective advisor from the University of Guelph also states that the candidate will be admitted to a graduate program.
- Prospective University of Guelph faculty advisor support should be sought before the application process even starts.
- Your prospective advisor will receive an email from the online Arrell Scholarship application asking them to respond.
- Please make sure your potential advisor has got the email and inform them of the due date for responses (listed above).
- Uni Leipzig Summer School Scholarships Programme
- Joshua Nkomo Scholarships Program Application Details
- Commonwealth Distance-Learning Scholarship Program
- Newton International Fellowships for International Researchers
Application Deadlines & How to Apply
Important note about deadlines: Please pay careful attention to the 12:01 AM time listed for each deadline.
For example, a deadline of 12:01 AM 2/22/2023 means applicants must complete the step before 2/22/2023 (i.e. by midnight on 2/21/2023).
1. Start the online Arrell Scholarship Application & Confirm Your Email before 12:01 AM – 2/22/2023
- After you submit the online Arrell Scholarship application, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your email and Arrell submission. Please click the link in the email to continue your application.
2. Submit the online application to a graduate program before 12:01 AM – 2/22/2023
Please refer to Steps 4 and 5 in the Applying to Guelph application directions.
3. Receive the Prospective University of Guelph Advisor’s Response to the Arrell Scholarship Application before 12:01 AM 2/28/2023
- Please use your prospective advisor’s University of Guelph email address (@uoguelph.ca). Your prospective advisor will be emailed a link after you have confirmed your email and Arrell submission (see step 1).
- Please confirm with your prospective advisor that they have received the email and advise them of the response deadline.
4. OGPS receives All Application Documents and References before 12:01 AM 3/3/2023
Please refer to Step 5 in the Applying to Guelph application directions and ensure you have submitted all required documents for your graduate program application.
5. Complete your Arrell Submission before 12:01 AM 3/3/2023
After your prospective advisor submits their response, you will receive a confirmation email for this stage. You confirm that you have submitted both your graduate program application and your Arrell Scholarship application by clicking the link in the confirmation email.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.