Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship: A diverse tech sector and future depend on underserved students receiving support for their computer science education. This is why the Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship is so vital to us. Continue reading for more details about this scholarship and how to apply.
Additionally, the Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship program offers college students like you the chance to advance their careers by receiving a $40,000 scholarship and a paid summer internship at Amazon.
The goal of the computer science and STEM education initiative Amazon Future Engineer is to provide all young people the chance to discover their potential.
With the help of college finance, paid internships, and business mentors, Amazon Future Engineer students can improve their future for both themselves and their community.
Scholarship Award Amount
Each year, award winners earn a $10,000 prize, for a total of $40,000! Up to three years or until a bachelor’s degree is obtained, whichever comes first, are allowed for the renewal of awards.
The applicant’s continued full-time enrolment at an authorized four-year college or university and upkeep of good standing with their university are requirements for renewal.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirement
Having finished or been enrolled in a computer science course as a senior in high school in the United States; dual enrollment courses also count!
You can choose to take a quick test instead if you haven’t taken a formal computer science course but have instead learned on your own.
Below is the eligibility requirement for this scholarship:
1. Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, or a subject of study closely connected to computer science in mind.
2. Be able to legally work in the US Consider someone who has a valid employment authorization document, is a permanent resident or is a US citizen.
3. Own a cumulative grade point average that is at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
4. Must provide proof of financial need. must demonstrate monetary need.
What is the Amazon Future Engineer Internship like?
After finishing their first year of college, recipients of the Amazon Future Engineer scholarship are also promised a compensated 12-week summer internship at Amazon.
AFE interns at Amazon collaborate with a co-intern, manager, and mentors to develop projects that actually benefit Amazon customers while they are employed there.
The Alexa voice technology, Amazon Web Services, and the Amazon retail platform are just a few of the ground-breaking technologies and key platforms that interns get to work on at Amazon.
Most interns send Amazon production-level code at the end of the summer!
In addition to their project work, Amazon Future Engineer interns learn about the Amazon company through fireside conversations with top management, in-depth looks from technology teams, and other opportunities and an annual Alexa skills-building hackathon.
Interns build bonds with their fellow intern cohort by collaborating on their project work and through social events.
So if you join us as an AFE intern, you’ll have lots of fellow interns from a similar background to go through this experience with you!
Note: Applications are Currently Closed but re-open in November 2024.
- Millennium Scholarship Postgraduates Application
- Nitro Scholarship Programme Application Details
- McDonald Hacer National Scholarship Application Details
- Truman Scholarship Programme Application Requirements
1. Is Computer Science the only Major that is Eligible?
No! We actually have quite a few majors that are eligible for this award see below for details. If you have specific questions on whether your major would be a fit, reach out to us at [email protected] and we will get back to you within one business day.
- Computer Science, General
- Computer Engineering, General
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Computer Hardware Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Management Information Systems
- Software Engineering or Software Development
- Math (Mathematics, Applied Math)Data Science
- Computer Programmers
- Computer Scientists
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Software Developers
2. Is Amazon Scholarship Need Based?
Scholarship recipients are students with financial needs. Many of them are from underrepresented minority groups in computer science.
3. When did Amazon Future Engineer Start?
Launched in November 2018 , Amazon Future Engineer is a four-part childhood-to-career program intended to inspire, educate, and prepare children and young adults from underrepresented and underserved communities to pursue careers in the fast-growing field of computer science.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.