Agricultural Science NECO Questions and Answers- 2023 Update
NECO Agricultural Science Answers and Questions are out and available online. This page contains a list of NECO Agric Science Questions that will be asked for the June/July Agricultural Science Examination. Stay focused and read through the whole post.
The National Examinations Council is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January, respectively.
NECO Agricultural Science Objective Questions
Agricultural PAPER II: This Paper will last for 1 hour. Attempt all questions from this section
1. The type of energy obtained from the sun for agricultural uses is known as
A. potential energy
B. mechanical energy
C. Nuclear energy
D. solar energy
E. kinetic energy
2. Which of the following implements will be used for the next farm operation after clearing new farmland?
3. Which of the following cannot be used to rub the metal parts of farm tools before storage?
B. plam oil
D. petroleum jelly
E.spent engine oil
4. The common surveying equipment for farmland includes the following except
A. ranging pole
B. prismatic compass
C. measuring tape
D. gunter’s chain
6. An example of a fungal disease of stored grains is
C. soft rot
D. damping off
7. Which of the following farm animals possess a pair of caeca?
8. The head of the tapeworm is known as the
9. Man contributes to the formation of soil by
A. applying radioactive substances on the earth’s crust.
B. excessive use of agrochemicals.
C. irrigating the lar.d.
D. practicing clean-clearing.
E. quarrying of rocks.
10. Intra-zonal soil with high salt concentration is regarded as
Use the diagram below to answer questions 11 and 12.
11. The diagram represents an experiment to
A. Compare the porosity of soil samples.
B. Demonstrate the presence of living organisms in the soil.
C. Determine the moisture content of the soil sample.
D. Determine the percentage of organic matter content in the soil.
E. determine the capillary action of the soil sample.
- WAEC History Questions and Answers
- WAEC Auto Mechanical Questions and Answers
- WAEC Computer Science Questions and Answers
- WAEC Furniture Making Questions and Answers
12. If the experimental set-up is allowed to stand for six hours, the color of the lime water will turn
C. light blue.
13. When a growing plant shows chlorosis with parallel yellowish streaks along the veins of the leaves, the soil is likely to be deficient in
14. It is advisable to allow the decomposition of farmyard manure in the soil before planting in order to
A. avoid the destruction of soil structure.
B. discourage the wastage of undecomposed manure.
C. prevent the introduction of disease pathogens.
D. protect the crop roots from the heat generated.
E. reduce the compaction of the soil by the manure.
15. Nitrogen is made available to plants in the form of nitrates through the process of
A. ammonification and denitrification.
B. nitrification and ammonification.
C. nisriricaucr. ar.d denitrification.
D. putrefaction and ammonification.
E. volatisation and nitrification.
16. An effect of pollution on agricultural production is that it
A. causes soil nutrient loss.
B. destroys soil beneficial organisms.
C. leads to the fast growth of crops.
D. prolongs crop maturity.
E. reduces disease infection.
17. A beef cow gained 75 kg over a period of two months and two days. What is its average weight gain?
A. 0.83 kg
B. 1.21 kg
C. 1.28 kg
D. 2. 25kg
18. A disadvantage of natural incubation is that
A. the eggs cannot be candled
B. the chicks are less healthy
C. The brooding hens sometimes abandon the eggs
D. it takes a longer time for eggs to hatch
19. Ruminants fed on dried grasses are given feed supplements to
A. increase water intake
B. provide bulk to feed
C. reduce microbial activity
D. provide deficient nutrients
20. Which of the following animal disease is not associated with malnutrition?
C. Milk fever
- WAEC Insurance Questions and Answers
- WAEC Igbo Questions and Answers
- WAEC Book Keeping Questions and Answers
- WAEC Animal Husbandry Questions and Answers
Agricultural PAPER III
Paper 2 will last for 1 hour and 30min. Attempt two questions from this section
la. Outline three solutions to each of the following problems of agricultural development in Nigeria.
(i) Inadequate land (3 marks).
(ii) Inadequate credit facilities (3 marks).
1b. State three governmental organizations that are involved in improving agricultural production in Nigeria. (3 marks).
1c.(i) List three post-planting operations that require the use of mechanical power on the farm. (3 marks).
(ii) Enumerate four ways of improving agriculture through mechanization. (4 marks).
2a.(i) Define the term “Allelomorphs”. (2 marks)
(ii) Outline three disadvantages of artificial insemination in animal
3a.(i) Define drainage. (2 marks)
(ii) Enumerate two types of drainage. (2 marks)
3b. List four merits of controlled burning as a farming practice. (4 marks)
3c. Mention one function of each of the following micronutrients in the soil.
(i) Copper (1 mark)
(ii) Boron (1 mark)
(iii) Zinc (1 mark)
3d. Outline three main physical weathering agents for soil formation in Nigeria. (3marks.)
DISCLAIMER! These are not real Agricultural Science NECO Questions and Answers but likely repeated questions over the years to help candidates understand the nature of their examinations. Ensure to take note of every question provided on this page.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.