The Admiralty University of Nigeria was established as a Public-Private-Partnership through the joint efforts of Nigerian Navy Holdings (a subsidiary organization of the Nigerian Navy) and Hellenic Education Nigeria – (a private consultancy, with international educators) as the main partners.
The main campus of the University is located on Ibusa – Ogwashi-Uku Expressway, Delta State, about 20km from Asaba, the Delta State capital.
The University also has another campus located on 203 acres of land at the existing site of the Nigerian Navy Engineering College, in Sapele (Sapele Local Government Area).
Both campuses of the University are well developed for academic activities.
Admiralty University Objectives
The objectives of the University are manifold:
1. To expand the frontiers of knowledge in various academic disciplines in Nigeria; to use University education as a tool for the development and enhancement of human welfare.
2. To meet the challenges of nation-building in Nigeria, and to address the acute shortage of personnel in various sectors of the economy in Nigeria.
To advance the frontiers of human knowledge by providing leadership in teaching and learning, research and service using cutting-edge technologies to meet current educational demands in order to surmount the myriads of challenges facing humanity.
Faculties and Departments in Admiralty University
Below is the list of faculties and departments in Admiralty University for you to make a choice:
Faculty Of Arts, Management and Social Sciences
1. Department of Accounting, Business Administration and Economics (DABAE)
- B.Sc Economics
- B.Sc Accounting
- B.Sc Business Administration
2. Department of English, History and International Studies (DEHIS)
- B.A English Language
- B.Sc international relations
- B.A History and International Studies
3. Department of International Relations and Tourism
- B.Sc International Relations
- B.sc Tourism Studies
Faculty of Sciences
Department of Biology and Forensic Sciences (DBFS)
- B.Sc Biology
- B.Sc forensic science
Faculty of Law
- Department of law
- LL.B law.
Admiralty University Admission Requirements
Admission into the Admiralty University of Nigeria is open to candidates with the requisite qualifications and is subject to written and/or oral examination as the University may determine.
Admission into the University shall be open to all irrespective of religion, ethnic group, gender, creed and disability.
All applicants for admission into the University must have attained 16 years of age.
- NSUK Student Portal Login
- Thomas Adewumi University
- TASUED Courses And Requirements
- BSU Portal School Fees for New and Returning Students
The admission requirements into the undergraduate programs of the Admiralty University of Nigeria are as follows:
1. All admissions into the University must be through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB);
2. For admission to 100 Level courses (via UTME), candidates must: obtain five (5) credits at SSCE (or equivalent) in relevant subjects, at not more than two (2) sittings, including credit passes in English and Mathematics; and attain acceptable points in UTME in relevant subjects;
3. For admission by Direct Entry (200 Level), candidates shall, in addition to having five (5) SSCE credits, obtain at least two (2) A’ level (or its equivalent) passes in relevant subjects, or possess ND with credit passes, or possess a good first degree in another field as the case may be;
4. Those who meet the preliminary requirements for admission will be expected to undergo a screening (including/or) interview exercise to be conducted by the University; and
5. The University will not accept transfer students until after at least the first two years of its existence.
Admiralty University Online Application Portal
The Applications for admission into first degree programmes of the University are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the new academic session.
Candidates who chose other universities, polytechnics, or Colleges of education can equally apply.
Note: No Application Fee Required. Please go to Step 1 below.
Also, note that: This platform is for those applying for admission to the Admiralty University Of Nigeria. It is not for returning students.
Step 1 – Application
Carefully fill all the required fields, and submit and print out your confirmation page.
Step 2 – Login
Monitor your application status by logging in to your profile.
For more Information Visit the School’s OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Frequently Asked Questions About Admiralty University
1. Is Admiralty University a private university?
Established in 2017, Admiralty University of Nigeria is a for-profit private higher-education institution located in the suburban setting of the large city of Ibusa (population range of 500,000-1,000,000 inhabitants), Delta.
2. Who is the Owner of Admiralty University?
The Admiralty University of Nigeria (ADUN) was established as a Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) through the joint efforts of Nigerian Navy Holdings (a subsidiary organization of the Nigerian Navy) and Hellenic Education Nigeria – (a private consultancy, with international educators) as main partners.
3. Is the Admiralty University of Nigeria Accredited?
The university is located in Ibusa, Delta State. Admiralty University of Nigeria (ADUN) has been officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria.
4. Is Admiralty University a military university?
Delta Gov. commissions Admiralty University of Nigeria (1st Military University).
5. How many Military Universities are in Nigeria?
Currently, there are two (2) military universities in Nigeria. The widely recognized Kaduna Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) and Nigerian Army University, Biu are located in Borno State.
Share the knowledge with friends also by sharing this article with them on all social media and through any other means, you know.