ACU Scholarship(Australian Catholic University International Student Scholarships) rewards commencing undergraduate and postgraduate International students who have demonstrated outstanding academic merit in prior studies. Read on for more information.
ACU Scholarships are financial aid awards designed to help students pay for an undergraduate or graduate degree. Sometimes a scholarship is a one-time check. Other school scholarships are renewable and provide money for students each semester or school year.
These financial awards differ from student loans in that they don’t have to be repaid. So, to answer a question we often hear, if you get a scholarship, you do not have to pay it back.
Scholarship type: Merit
- The scholarship will cover half of the full-time fees for the minimum duration of your course (inclusive of RPL/Credit)
- There are 20 scholarships available annually (14 in Semester one and 6 in Semester two)
Student type: Future or Commencing Students
Scholarship Eligibility Requirement
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria, by the scholarship application close date:
1. Citizenship: international students
2. Course: any ACU coursework degree (excluding pathway /Diploma/Graduate Certificate courses)
3. Year level: first year (Commencing a new ACU course in Semester 1, 2023)
4. Required study load: full-time
5. Campus: any on campus
6. You must have an offer for a place in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at ACU, commencing in Semester 1, 2023
7. You must have achieved results of at least 80% (equivalent to a GPA of 5.8 on the ACU 7-point scale) in a previous study completed within the last two years (undergraduate applicants) or four years (postgraduate applicants)
8. You must be applying for an ACU program that is an equal or higher level of study than the currently held qualifications
9. You must not be receiving any other ACU scholarship or award
10. You must not be attending ACU as a Study Abroad or Exchange student
- Stormzy Scholarship for Black UK Students
- How Much is NNPC Total Scholarship Worth?
- What GPA is Required for Scholarships in USA?
- Santander Scholarships Skills|Excel for All
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
Evidence of academic merit, showing achievement of an average of at least 80% (GPA 5.8 on the ACU 7-point scale) across your most recent program of study. (Academic records must include original language documents, translations (where applicable), and an official explanation of the grading system).
Applications are assessed based on academic merit.
The Selection Committee may give consideration to the diversity of the source countries of applicants and the courses in which they are enrolled (including across a spread of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs and campuses).
Recipients will be selected by a Selection Committee consisting of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global and Educational Pathways), the Executive Dean of each Faculty (or nominee), the Associate Director, International Admissions and Student Relations, and the Associate Director, International Marketing and Recruitment.
In considering applications, in addition to the eligibility and selection criteria, the Selection Committee may give consideration to the diversity of the source countries of applicants and the courses in which they are enrolled (including across a spread of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs and campuses).
To remain eligible for this scholarship, recipients are required to maintain the following:
1. An overall minimum GPA of 4.75 (on the ACU seven-point scale) for the duration of their course.
2. A minimum Pass grade for all units in which they were enrolled in the previous study period.
3. The Scholarship is not transferable to alternative courses or campuses post initial enrolment.
4. Students must pay required tuition fees by relevant due dates.
5. The Scholarship remains valid for students on an approved Leave of Absence for up to 12 months.
6. Successful applicants must also agree to act as student ambassadors for ACU and support promotional activities
Applications are closed – please check again at a later date, as scholarship and application details are confirmed on an ongoing basis.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.