If you are a candidate seeking Accounting NECO Questions and Answers, you have arrived at the right place as we will break them down for you. We will go further to show you how Accounting NECO Questions are set and the best way to answer for full marks.
The National Examinations Council is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January, respectively.
Accounting NECO Questions and Answers
Actually, as of the time this article ‘2024 Neco Financial Accounting questions’ was published the Financial Accounting has not been released yet from the official Board, the moment is been released. Kindly follow us.
1. Explain the following:
(ii)petty cash book;
(iv)three-column cash book;
2. Describe three features of each of the following financial statements:
(a) Receipts and Payment Account;
(b) Income and Expenditure Account;
(c) Trading Account;
(d) Profit and Loss Account;
(e) Appropriation Account of a Partnership.
3. (a) Define and list two classifications of each of the following:
(b) State and explain the factors to be considered in determining the annual depreciation charge for a fixed asset.
4. Classify revenue and expenditure into;
(a) capital expenditure;
(b) revenue expenditure;
(c) capital receipts;
(d) revenue receipts.
5. (a) Explain three reasons why an accountant will consider end-of-year adjustments.
(b) Explain how the following items are treated in the Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet:
(i) Provision for doubtful debts;
(ii) Depreciation on fixed assets;
(iii) Accrued income;
(iv) Prepaid expenses.
6. In the context of the Company account, explain the following:
(iv) Bonus issue;
- WAEC Music Questions and Answers
- WAEC Physics Questions and Answers
- WAEC Book Keeping Questions and Answers
- WAEC Computer Science Questions and Answers
Neco Financial Accounting Practice Answers.
7. In this question, candidates were required to prepare:
(i) Trading, Profit, and Loss Account;
(ii) Profit and Loss Appropriation Account.
8. Prepare a statement showing the effect of the errors on the draft net profit and the corrected net profit.
9. In this question, candidates were required to:
(i) prepare a Balance Sheet.
(ii)calculate the following:
(iii)acid test ratio;
Neco Financial Objective Questions
1. Which of the following explains the imprest system of operating petty cash?
A. Weekly expenditure cannot exceed a set amount
B. The exact amount of expenditure is reimbursed at intervals to maintain a fixed float
C. All expenditures out of the petty cash must be properly authorized
D. Regular equal amounts of cash are transferred into petty cash at intervals
E. Expenditure is constant.
2. Which TWO of the following errors would cause the total of the debit column and the total of the credit column of a trial balance not to agree?
(1) A transposition error was made when entering a sales invoice into the sales day book
(2) A cheque received from a customer was credited to cash and correctly recognized in receivables
(3) A purchase of non-current assets was omitted from the accounting records
(4) Rent received was included in the trial balance as a debit balance
A. 1 and 2
B. 1 and 3
C. 2 and 3
D. 2 and 4
E. 1 and 4.
3. Peter has not kept accurate accounting records during the financial year. He had an opening inventory of N6,700 and purchased goods costing N84,000 during the year. At the year-end, he had N5,400 left in inventory. All sales are made at a markup on the cost of 20%.
What is Peter’s gross profit for the year?
4. Shasia Co extracted the trial balance for the year ended 31 December 2022. The total of the debits exceeded the
credits by N300.
Which of the following could explain the imbalance?
A. Sales of N300 were omitted from the sales day book
B. Returns inward of N150 were extracted to the debit column of the trial balance
C. Discounts received of N150 were extracted to the debit column of the trial balance
D. The bank ledger account did not agree with the bank statement by a debit of N300.
DISCLAIMER! These are not real Accounting NECO Questions and Answers but likely repeated questions over the years to help candidates understand the nature of their examinations. Ensure to take note of every question provided on this page.
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information